• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Browser Keeps Refreshing

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media browser continually refreshing and returns to the top. This makes it unusable. How do I stop this from happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Yes unchecking "Save if possible the media files in Media cache next to the original" worked for me THANK GOD! This problem has been driving me crazy for years!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is barely enough information for a guess. Can you post a screen recording of this happening?

What version of Premiere are you running, what OS, what are your machine specs?

Where are you pointing the Media Browser to when this is happening, a card, an internal drive, and external drive?

Is it only happening when you point it at a specific folder or drive, or does it happen everywhere, always?

Have you tried closing the panel and reopening it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I've found is to use the Browser in List mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest version of CC. Windows 10. This happens whenever I click on a thumbnail in the media browser. Reloads and goes to the top thumbnail.  If in list mode it goes to the top of the list. Tried changing cache location. This happens regardless of what folder I am browsing internal or external drive. I closed and reopened panel and same result.  Seems as though others are having this problem as well.

Since I can't drag and drop files from Explorer any more, and the browser is ineffective, I am about to give up on Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does seem like it's been an issue that's appeared on and off for a long time.  Have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps from this thread? Premiere pro CC - Media Browser refreshes all the time

Things that worked for some people included clearing the Media Cache Database, not double-clicking on new clips (or something to that effect, it's the last post on page 1), and then the very last post on Page from just a couple weeks ago (post 53). Hopefully one of those will work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem still exists in May of 2017.

And.

This entire 2017 release has been a complete disaster. I've had the CC service since the subscription model began.

Every single app I've had to go in and set permissions,etc...wonky crashes like never before...must be one long happy hour over there.

I see no point in giving my specs since we're all on our own to fix this.

Yay! Go team Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Happens on local and shared drives.

Any type of folder in the media browser regardless of content size/type.
The bin refreshes every 30 seconds or so.

problems seemed to have started since that 2017.1 update.

Tried clearing the the cache and changing its path too

On a mac pro yosemite with the latest version of premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this issue for months now.  When Media Browser is displaying a folder's contents on our NAS RAID, it constantly refreshes every 30 seconds, which has made using MB completely unbearable.

This began when  I upgraded from PP 2017.0.2 to PP 2017.1, and neither the 2017.1.1 or 2017.1.2 releases has fixed the issue.  It first occurred in OSX 10.11 on a 12-Core Mac Pro (Late 2013), but recently upgraded to OSX 11.12 in an attempt to fix the issue, but even this was unsuccessful.

The only way I have been able to continue working is to uninstall and downgrade back to 11.0.2.

HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have turned off Hover scrubs in this menu and it seems to keep them now:

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 3.58.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:- Toggling on or off seems to work  - whether it was checked or not checked doesn't seem to make a difference , just toggling it seems to fix the disappearing thumbs -BUT each time you open the project this has to be done...so this is kid of a solution, only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. It appeared yesterday for the first time, while I made the CC2017.1 update months ago. I tried cleaning the media cache but it did not help. Then I remembered that this occurred just after I made changes in  Preferences>Media Cache." Save if possible the media files in Media cache next to the original" I had actually checked the boxe and that caused the problem. Now I unchecked it and the problem is solved for me. Hope it works for you guys

I had unchecked  Media cache.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes unchecking "Save if possible the media files in Media cache next to the original" worked for me THANK GOD! This problem has been driving me crazy for years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening to me. It makes Media Browser useless.

BTW.... this issues is more than 3 years old and is still not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS unchecking "Save if possible the media files in Media cache next to the original"  Does not work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Save if possible the media files in Media cache next to the original" worked for me.  It's a mystery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem in 2021 - Solved with this Post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This works for me and is a total gamechanger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem still exists in June of 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem exist in August 2019.  Get it together Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution for you? I have the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a bug with cache files. Go to preferences>Media cache. Uncheck "save .cfa and.pek media cache files next to original media files when possible" and Click "Remove Media Cache Files". Restart premier and look if it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem still exists August of 2020. I'm in a catch 22. I turned ON "save .cfa and.pek media cache files next to original media files when possible" because Premiere 13.0 references the wrong AVCHD clips if I don't. But now that it's on and Premiere is referencing the right files in the timeline THIS is happening... It seems to stop eventually with some clicking around on different clips in the browser (whether hover scrub is on or not) but it's still maddening.

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro6,1

Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Xeon E5

Processor Speed: 3 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 8

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 25 MB

Memory: 32 GB

Boot ROM Version: MP61.0123.B00

SMC Version (system): 2.20f18

Illumination Version: 1.4a6

Serial Number (system): Xxxxxxx

Hardware UUID: 17BD6E9A-7136-5CF9-9E2D-633CE24DF801

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to Premiere 22.3.1 and the media browser refresh problem still exists (5 years later) but unchecking "save .cfa and.pek media cache files next to original media files when possible" fixes it and no longer has the AVCHD clip referencing problem. Finally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke too soon. Closing and re-opening Premiere has caused referencing issues with AVCHD footage again. Re-checking "save .cfa and.pek media cache files next to original media files when possible" and restarting Premiere fixed it again. I guess it's one or the other; a working media browser or properly-referenced footage. It's already been 5 years so I've got my workarounds but dang– what a blunder this whole subscription model has been. Forcing out unready versions just to try and justify the exorbidant costs of continued membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any fixes? I still have this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines