• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder crashes on proxie creation

Explorer ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a top of line MBP. When making proxies after about 15 minutes, ME freezes. Was on phone with Adobe several times. They conclude it's hardware issue. Genius Bar says they have had similar complaints and stress tested their MBPs and found no problem with hardware. So, I returned my MBP and am considering an iMac Pro, but am fearful that it will have the same issue. Anybody have ME crash issues when creating proxies on iMac Pro? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add - there was times where the MAC would beachball and was tempted to think it had all crashed again .. but left it going and it did complete in the end -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is true but when mine 'seems to crash' it does carry on, but Media Encoder becomes unusable and it it only uses one core - so it takes forever to encode. Useless really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be fixed in the new update released yesterday... 

Adobe announced it here yesterday Re: Media Encoder hangs rendering a prores proxy under OSX/macOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know if this is still relevant, but in august 2023 ME still crashes when adding a lot of proxy (ingest) files. This discussion helped me with this, so thanks! This is what I did:

I've imported all the proxy files from premiere (through proxy/create proxy/prores high resolution.

Once imported in ME, i've stopped the encoding (because it starts automatically), and selected all files.

I've chosen Quicktime and used Apple ProRes 422 Proxy.

Started the encoding, and have had no single crash (for now 😅)

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines