• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder crashes on proxie creation

Explorer ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a top of line MBP. When making proxies after about 15 minutes, ME freezes. Was on phone with Adobe several times. They conclude it's hardware issue. Genius Bar says they have had similar complaints and stress tested their MBPs and found no problem with hardware. So, I returned my MBP and am considering an iMac Pro, but am fearful that it will have the same issue. Anybody have ME crash issues when creating proxies on iMac Pro? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey , i think i have same problem , actually i bought my MBP 15 one week ago , and with media encoder crash when i want do proxies .... it's rly rly anoying. And i think i find another problem with my MBP , it's the SSD , when i test it , it's rly rly slow 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back FormingTONY. Sounds like our problem is very similar. Want to compare notes? I was going from 4K files to 960X540 ProRes proxy files. ME would make proxies for about 15 minutes and then freeze and I'd see the beach ball. Had to force quit. How about you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close to your same notes,

running a project with all clip in 3840x2160 so proxies is imperative ^^ and after some render , encoder freeze , and had to force quit ...

i tried also to do one by one , and crash again ...

Actually i dont know what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say, one by one, and still crashes? are they long clips? even with this problem I was able to do a few clips at a time, if they are not too long. I have one 23 minute clip and I couldn't get it done even by itself. The crashing seems to be a function of the length of time it's processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea i think that too , in function of the length of time it's processing. My clip are long maximum 2-3 min and alot of then are under 1 min , but i have alot of clip ^^ strange probleme rly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an Adobe fix that may help you. In the fix you give read/write permission to all Adobe folders (library, etc.). You can probably find the fix on this forum or some other place. I have run across it a few times. Adobe tried it with me, but didn't work. However, if you are crashing after a 2 minute clip, your problem sounds different than mine. If you try it, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well , i want to try it , but i dont find the fix 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a iMac 5K fully loaded with 32GB RAM and ME does random proxies, then freezes.  I'm having to do them in small batches (which is taking a load of time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the comment. i have a new iMac Pro loaded in order and Apple said it would surely fix the problem. based on your experience, it looks like it won't. i have a friend in 10.12.6 OS and he is able to let his proxy creation run overnight. It seems to indicate there is some problem between Premier cc 2018 and OS 10.13.4 (High Sierra). What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea maybe ^^ hope the fix will work Haha and not create others problem Haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope they will fix that soon ... I have another problem now with premiere pro , I want use warp stabilizer but when I click to analyze my clip , nothing happens Haha it's just reset the button analyse..

So fun Adobe rly ... if they can put some millions to fix all this stupid problem ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have a potential work-around.

I haven't been able to thoroughly test this yet, but I figured I'd leave a comment so you all can explore if you so desire.

But so far, a good work-around for me has been to launch Media Encoder on its own, find the files I need in Finder to transcode, and drag-and-drop them into the encoder directly. Then I simply choose the preset I want (I created my own .h264 720p files for now) and location, and click render. So far its been rendering the files without locking up or crashing. I simply plan to "attach" these files as proxies later in my Premiere Project. Hopefully this work!

Hope this can help some of us during this proxy workflow meltdown!

Shane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Shane. That is really interesting. maybe the problem is the connection between PP and AMC. I can't test that right now as I am waiting for my IMac Pro to arrive next week. I will test and get back to the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shane, I have finally gotten my loaded iMac Pro up and going and was all excited to watch my proxy making zing! But it froze up right away. So, i followed your suggestion and made the proxies in Media encoder and then attach them to the original media. It worked! Of course, I am still miserable that it doesn't work like it is supposed to, but I am forging ahead. thanks for the suggestion. It is a big help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vitalev4, so awesome! So glad it worked for you. Yes, I agree its definitely not as ideal as Adobe fixing it, but at least we have a MUCH easier workaround than selecting just a couple files at a time. Cheers!

Shane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this was the fix for me too. There's something wrong with either the ingest preset option in Premiere, or the link from Premiere to Media Encoder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried the workaround, but I have to use the quicktime flavor.  I used the exact same specs as PP is using, but even in Media Encoder, I'm still crashing.  It could be 3 files or it could be 10 files before I have to force quit and start from the last known file.

Crazy that my proxies are running about 100GB's for what I've shot.  My entire project is over 1TB.  That's ONE episode.  Last year, I could fit a whole season in 4TB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just hope the will give a update to fix that , because it's changing all my actual workflow ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, even with any export with Encoder : 2K, even HD… Proxies.

Some Adobe guy answered this on email, but no news ever since :

"

Hello,

Thank you for contacting @AdobeSupport.

As contacted us for the issue that you are facing with Media Encoder CC 2018, that it is crashing, it is a known bug that are engineers are working on it.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

For any further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Regards,

Adobe Support  "

Still unable to have my movie exported… @Adobe ? Anyone ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really getting impatient with the the many bugs for 2018 and now will NEVER upgrade until we are one year ahead. I.e I will not upgrade to 2019 until 2020 is released.

I suggest everyone does the same and stop being free bug testers for Adobe.

Another one is markers disappearing.

Come on Adobe, we need an update to address these things that badly affect my workflow and my living.

Rant over!

Steven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is, July 9, and Adobe Media Encoder still can't create proxies, or do batch renders, without freezing up.  This is not some minor new feature that doesn't work -- it is a critical part of the software suite. Why doesn't Adobe take this problem seriously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True , it's just insane ...

I find I little fix , use a downgraded version of media encoder ==> here's where I find it , check it after instal if it's 12.0

Download Creative Cloud apps

dont upgrade from creative cloud ofc ^^

let me know if it's work you too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had this problem for months and endless hours of late night work and almost missed deadlines I managed to find this thread!!.  

I have done the downgrade to 12.1 too and all seems to be working much better...

Just trashed previous media encoder  -> then installed other versions 12.1 and they seem to fly through ...  pauses occasionally but the carries on..

How can this bug go unfixed for so long..

Unhappy customer..

PS Spent an hour trying to login to forum with my Adobe ID and keep getting to many redirects error page.  had to sign in with a new login for it to work... another bug that has been around for ages!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines