Mercury Playback Engine GPU acceleration (CUDA) is greyed out in Adobe Premiere CC 2022

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to change the render to CUDA-- however the option is completely greyed out. 

Can't seem to find a solution for 22.2 on my Macbook Pro M1 Max. Does anyone have suggestions?Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 9.29.19 AM.png

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to break this to you, but no non-Nvidia GPU ever supported CUDA at all. And Apple MacOS no longer supports CUDA at all since OSX 10.14 Mojave. And beginning with MacOS 12 Monterrey, only Metal is supported, and with all M1 CPU/GPU hybrids, you cannot even select software-only MPE. You're permanently stuck with Metal for GPU acceleration.

And since CUDA 11, CUDA is now Windows-only. No Mac support at all.

Accordingly, since Version 14 of Premiere Pro, CUDA is now no longer supported anymore for Mac.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn... so there's no way to accelerate the render?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just spoke with Adobe Chat about this and shared my screen with them and they fixed it. You have to open it with intel from creative cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines