Misaligned Markers when video and external audio are linked, the linked footage works fine

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add a marker to my footage (mostly for annotation) the marker will appear where I placed it in the audio, but in the video it will be placed a few seconds ahead. See figure1.

There is no issue with the video and audio sync. Just where these markers are located. See image. 

Runing 15.4.1 (build 6) 

Example of my timeline below

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 11.48.33 PM.png

Figure 1.

Clearly, this makes editing a little difficult. Doable, but not exactly easy. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post entire timeline: at least from top to bottom and header.

Are these merged clips?

EDIT: Markers shown in screenshot are not the same, they are two different (colored) ones.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Firstly can I please echo what Ann says?

Secondly, I would always create a separate marker track for edits by not putting them directly into the clips, but instead above the clips. This allows you to move things as necessary, and once you are happy with everything then put markers in the video file for the chapter points on export - but this is the way I do things, and it may not work for you.

See the screenshot - I initially put the markers (green ones) above the footage in the ruler, and only added Chapter Markers when this was all correct and checked.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines