• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing audio for some clips in exported output

Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you ever encountered an issue in Premiere Pro when an output lacks an audio for some input clips?
I'm not able to find the pattern of this problem, but in my case it appears mainly for timelines that consists of many clips (H265 4k). When playing back the timeline, all clips play correctly.

As an output I use mp4 multiplexer, video of H265 and audio of AAC 320kbps. When export only audio, the problem doesn't exist anymore (but I have to remux it with video exported separately).

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, aaab,

Weird. I wonder what's going on there? I can understand how you might feel; the issue is super mysterious. Sorry! I suspect the source files are not providing the data during the export. Can you try a test by transcoding a suspect source file to ProRes LT and then exporting it? See if the sound is retained on export. Let us know if the test was a success, or not.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I've run two tests as you've asked:

1. I've changed the originally audio-unexported source clip into ProRes LT transcoded one -> the output contains a sound for this clip.

2. I've deleted all the clips following the original suspect source clip from the sequence (it remains the last one in the sequence) -> the output contains a sound for this clip.

I think the issue is of non-deterministic nature 😞

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's weird. One thing to try is to copy/paste the clips into a new sequence and then export that one. Does that do anything to fix it?

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it won't help. I've set IN/OUT markers for export covering suspect source clip and few preeceding and following clips,. In the output, the suspect clip has audio, but other clip (that previously had) doesn't 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am so sorry about that. You might try transcoding the problematic clip. There is a bug out on exporting audio-only clips using Hardware Encoding. The workaround is exporting via Software Encoding. Can you try that?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(...)There is a bug out on exporting audio-only clips using Hardware Encoding. .

What is this bug ? I think I didn't notice any problems exporting audio only...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines