• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing "Motion Graphics Template" Folder

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the latest version of Premiere Pro on my Mac and I'm trying to install multiple .mogrt files, but I don't have the "Motion Graphics Templates" folder. When I navigate to "Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe ▸ ⁨Common", the only folder I have is "Plug-ins". Any idea what this means and how to fix it so I can batch install these motion graphics?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that where your CC app says your local folder is located?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I find that out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I eventually found the folder. I had to right click on the Premiere Pro icon and then choose the "Essential Graphics" folder from the dropdown. The problem I'm having now is that when i copy/paste the .mogrt files into the folder, they don't show up in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you are looking at the wrong folder by your description of how you found it. That's the PP Program Files folder, ie: where the program resides. Typically you don't put user files in there.

Paste the below into File Explore and it will take you to the Common folder, you'll find Motion Graphics Templates in there.

%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg  thank you!! Earlier today i accidentally unpinned this folder from my quick access. Im using windows so i wasnt sure ifit would work since you were talking to someone with a Mac but it took me rightto my Mogart folder that i had unpinned. You just saved me a boat load of time using useless google advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the typos. I spilled pop on my keyboard a few days ago and my keys are still sticking..lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your CC app, go to assets, files or folders and see where the Local folder is for Libraries.

You can also store mogrts in Libraries both local and CC, and I prefer Libraries in general.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this helps, I had the same issue and had to do this to access the correct "Library" folder. See my file path below.

Temporary access to the hidden User Library

Method 1:

1. From the Finder, select the Go menu at top of the screen, and choose Go to Folder.
  2. In the window that opens, enter ~/Library, and click Go.

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 12.43.58 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS!!!!!! THIS [...]!!........ THANK YOU! (MICHAEL SCOTT STYLE)

[Moderator note: inappropriate language for a public forum deleted. Please ... this is a public "space. Keep it clean.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thanks, this help so much. NAILED IT. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to unravel things for you a little...there are two main MOGRT specific directories you'll wantot be aware of:
(1) Your local MOGRTs folder (where Local mogrts get installed to in order to show them in the EGP Browser)
(2) Your MOGRT Media folder, where we put things like Clip layer media or aegraphics which are necessary for a mogrt you are applying.

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 11.47.30 AM.png

This screenshot should help. (sorry, it's on mac since I happen to be sitting at a mac right now, but win is very similar)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answered the question! Why oh why Apple do you now hide the User's Library folder? Sigh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines