• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moire & Aliasing on videos imported to Premiere Pro.

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone! I've been using Adobe Premiere for a few months now and have had NO issues. That was until about a week and a half ago when I tried importing my first 4k video when I got Moire & Aliasing. It looks perfectly fine when viewed through Windows movies or the photos app. It's only when it's uploaded to Premiere pro I have issues. The video was shot on a Nikon Z6ii on 4K 60 Fps sometimes going down to 4K 24. I've adjusted the sequence settings from Resolutions, Frame rates, File Formatting, Codec's, Color spaces, export settings, etc. Currently running 16GB of ram on a 64 bit operating system, with a AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six Core 3.40 Ghz. Nothing has worked much besides setting the resolution down to 1920x1080. Sometimes messing with formats will help or make it worse. I'm not sure, any help would be greatly appreciated! wont let me upload video though 😞

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , How to , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of media is it? We're looking for a CODEC or compressor; is it h.264 or something else? You can find this info by selecting the clip and looking at it's Properties.

Can you also post shots of the moire/image issues you're seeing? Hard to diagnose just based on the description.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0 (Full Range). Copied from premier pro. Below I have attached the Moire/Aliasing issues in one, and the video viewed through a Windows video viewing app. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afraid I can't see any difference between the two. The ground texture seems consistent in these shots.

What resolution are you viewing your timeline at? This is the number next to wrench in the lower right of the Program viewer next to the wrench; if it's a fraction then you're not looking at the true resolution. Change it to "Full" and review again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to show when I can't put video :(. I'm running it in the same resolution it was shot in. 3840 x 2160 pixels The issue only improves when I change the resolution to 1/2 on my preview screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was your footage shot progressive or interlaced? And doe sthe sequence you're editing in match those settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines