• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion tab under effects controls no key bind?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to find out what the keybind is for the "motion" tab under "effect controls" as it stands, I have move my mouse all the way over to the effect control tab and then click motion then move my mouse all the way back to the "program: main" where I can then crop, scale and rotate my video clip... I would like to know the keybinding to have this blue box with select points just appear after clicking said keybind.. during a work edit.. its very hard on my wrist and consumes way more time then nessary while editing, rotating and scaling each clip in my timeline..

TOPICS
Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

The top image will always be selected unless the top image does not cover the entire frame and then below clip becomes accessible.

But there is a shortcut for this: (F7 is my own)

AnnBens_0-1668204539683.png

Select clip in the timeline and hit the kbsc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click on the program monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

holy crap my dude... thank you.. the amount of time iv wasted with two easy clicks... thank you sir.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait my guy.. when there are two or 3 video clips stacked on top of each other... even with the bottom clip highlighted.. double clicking the program monitor window does bring up the blue box but it switches to the top video clip? why and how do i fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The top image will always be selected unless the top image does not cover the entire frame and then below clip becomes accessible.

But there is a shortcut for this: (F7 is my own)

AnnBens_0-1668204539683.png

Select clip in the timeline and hit the kbsc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wow thanks man.. You have no idea how much time this will save me.. my kodo's to you sir.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines