Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

.MOV import support

Participant ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a QuickTime video of a digital clock for sports videos, just animated white numbers on a transparent background. It works fine in Vegas v18, but when I imported it into Premiere for the first time today, I just got shown a black box!
Not only did I lose my transparency, I'm not even seeing my white digits!

I tried re-wrapping the MOV in AME, but even Media Encoder was only displaying solid black when I scrolled through the different codec variations.
MOV-trouble-in-Premiere.jpg

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open properties and see if it has an alpha channel.

Check Interprete footage/Alpha Channel.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

According to Premiere; Alpha: None

Plus these errors on import;mov-error.png

It displays fine in my old Vegas 18 (which I still use for advanced audio purposes), so I just exported an MP4 of the clock with a green background and used Ultra Key to regain my transparency.

When Googling about Premiere support for MOV files, I saw a remark criticizing how it doesn't support 'QuickTime 7' anymore, and this guy couldn't use his legacy footage filmed in that format. I'm a relative newbie to video and all these Codecs, but I'm guessing the clock is a QT7 file, which is why it displays in old Vegas software but not Premiere 2022. Anyway, I fixed it with a 'green screen'.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines