MultiCam Audio - Flatten (Disappearing Audio)

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a bug with multicam audio when you flatten it? It makes my audio file disappear from the timeline!

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it and it seems to work as expected. I can flatten both or either one.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i also noticed this. When you have several clips on a track (in the multicam clip), then if you flatten, the audio disappears. If you cut to an angle that contains only 1 continuous clip it doesn't happen.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue. have you found a solution??

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's June 2021. This problem still exists in the most recent Premiere 15.0

If you have mutliple clips inside of a multicam clip, attempting to flatten that in the edit timeline results in all the audio associated to disappear.

This doesn't happen if there's one clip in a multicam. Only if there are multiple ones.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I'm trying to find a solution too.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So one of my problematic multicam clips has two clips back to back inside of it. In my edit timeline they work fine, but flattening, they disappear.

If I go into the source clip and erase one of the clips from the multicam timeline and then go back to flatten it, guess what, it works. So it's 100% a bug related to having multiple clips in a multicam clip.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say multiple clips, are you talking about video with audio clips, that's the only ones I have, but they seem to work as expected with three video and audio tracks. I believe there is an outstanding issue with audio in nested clips, not sure if that would apply here. Look around for that.

PP 15.2, Win 20H2

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you make a clip containing multiple multicams

i.e. A and B are a series of stacked video layers and their corresponding audio down below.

So in the multicam clip called "X-multi", A is first, followed by B

A-B

If you do that and then edit into a sequence, things will be fine. But the moment you try to flatten it in the sequence, the audio will disappear.

However, if you then control-click into the multicam clip "X-multi" and then delete A, then go back into the sequence and flatten it in a spot where you know you've cut in some of B, it will flatten successfully (or vice versa).

So - have one clip in a multicam clip, no problem. If you have multiple clips, problem.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there's still a bug in the latest version, 15.4.

Flatten audio that is in a multicam, and the multicam dissapears.

This is a big issue, because we have to flatten the audio before exporting an OMF. If we don't, the clips aren't trimmed and copied into the OMF.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A Year later and this is yet to be resolved!

I'm working on 15 multicams each with 4 cameras/layers of video. The only one with more than a single clip per layer, won't flatten.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines