• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MXF files drop frames after premiere pro 2023 update

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This latest update still has massive drop frames and black frames when editing with MXF files. This has been occurring since April's update. Adobe closed my case without addressing the bug. I originally thought it was my processor 3.3 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W.

For reference I shoot with C300 mark iii and the c70. I am a professional filmmaker and have been in this industry for 25 years. The reason I left Final Cut in 2008 was because of major program errors like these. We need a stable program and tech support that listens. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Hi All,

Sorry for this issue. If you are still facing this issue in the latest Premiere Pro version, please share some problematic media/project files https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html . We will check it at our end and report back.

Thanks, Mayjain 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crista and I spoke on the phone and we're working together to determine the cause of the issue. If other customers are having similar issues - errors during playback, as shown in the screen shot Crista provided - we're very eager to get more information. In particular: 

• Premiere Pro version
  • operating system and version
  • the format of the video

The last point is can be tricky: many camera have multiple recording options and these options are often completely different from each other. A good way to provide us this information is to take a camera phone picture of the camera's configuration screen. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Fergus for tackling this - I'm in the same boat - what's the best way to provide details - directly, or reply to this post ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is good. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have this issue happening on two machines - one is iMac Pro 2017, Intel Xeon W 10-core 64Gb RAM Vega 64 16Gb, Big Sur 11.7.1, PPro 22.5.0 (Build 62), one is MacBook Pro 14inch 2021 32Gb M1 Max PPro 22.2.0 (Build 128) ... happens with essentially any MXF video from either Canon C200 or C300 mk2, regardless of frame size/data rate etc ... interestingly, it happens most frequently with more heavy processing (multiple fx layers, noise reduction, keying etc) ... most common when applying noise reduction to green screen footage, but will sometimes happen when just shuttling through timeline with no fx etc ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot in ALL Intra now and MXF files playback in 4k FULL on I9 14900K with 4090. My last computer could edit 8K Canon Raw but not 4K long GOP. Its a cumbersome issue to fix. It requires endless storage and more CF Express Cards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. 

I am using the newest version of Premiere (V23.0).

Computer:

• MacBook Pro 16" 2019
  • 2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
  • 32GB 2667 MHz DDR4
  • AMD Radeon Pro 5600M 8GB

Video is from a Canon C70 and the format XF-AVC YCC422 10 Bit 3840x2160 160 Mbps L.GOP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having a lot of issues with MXF files.

It takes a very long time for the footage to load up within the timeline especially when editing in multicamera mode with 2 stream of 4k footage.

Also when doing colour adjustement, it doesnt update the footage and only does it after paying the footage and always takes a few seconds to do so.

Frustrating especially since I bought this laptop only 2 months ago!

2022 MacBook Pro M1

SONY FS7 XMF files, 4K, 50P

Latest version of Premiere Pro, 23.0.0 (build 63).

I hope you will fix this very soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as well. Premiere can't play back footage well, it often drops frames or just freezes on a frame while audio continues.  Color correction can be maddening too.  I'm using an  Mac Book Pro M1 Max with 32GB of RAM.  I'm using Premiere 23.0.  The files I'm currently working with are 10 bit 4k/60P MXF files from  Canon C70 and R5C. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with mxf (long gop) files generated by Canon R5c. I tried to contact the assistance but they did not give me an answer! please help us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried moving my xmp files into a separate folder and deleting my render files per suggestions I read elsewhere. It didn't seem to help much.  I also tried changing the sequence settings and preview file format but nothing made a difference.   On the bright side, Media Encoder is flying through my encodes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you MUST use MXF on R5C I suggest shooting in all Intra NOT Long GOP. At least until this is fixed. Its been months and I STILL cant playback LONG GOP on i914900k with 4090 192GB Ram. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fergus I can't seem to contact or reach you again. Your email inbox won't except any mail and I left you a voicemail and a text message with no response. I am still having massive drop frame issues and lagging a video when editing. I honestly am at a complete loss. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fergus. From what I can see your last post was on the 19 Oct. Can you please give us an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem on a mac, can`t be doing

my business properly anymore. Please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having problems with .MXF files on the windows side of things as well. Before I was using subsequences and clearing my media cache to get the program to recognize the missing frames but now in 2023 none of that is working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is slightly different with the MXF; it opens the frame squashed and the bottom of the screen is green. It happens with After Effects and Premiere after the recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Studio

Chip: Apple M1 Ultra

Total Number of Cores: 20 (16 performance and 4 efficiency)

Memory: 128 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @REDSHIFT Pro ,
Sorry for this issue again. We have fixed it in the latest beta build(starting Beta 23.6.38). You should no longer see this half green frame with any of your MXF media files.

Please check out the latest beta build version from the creative cloud and let us know how it goes there.

You can download the latest Beta builds from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)/Media Encoder (Beta)
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

If you still face this issue, please share your media files here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html and we will check on our end.

Thanks, Mayjain 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening.

--
*Crista Rock*
*www.cristaphoto.com <>*
*504-717-5912*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is similar but not exactly the same. started Oct 21 2022. Not fixed yet. I am a professional editor working on long and short term projects for over 10 years on Premiere. I have a substantial computer with big gpu. Using 2021 version to complete a long project. using Red footage but as QT .mov uncompressed for over 1 year. Never had any issues with it at all ever. Since that date nothing but extensive drop frames at all play resolutions, I usually use 1/4 for editing. No excuse. cannot work last 2 weeks plus.  Giant issue and no real help from tech support. No excuse for this bad performance.  They need to support the professionals using this software and provide consistent reliable performance.  btw does the same in 2023.  never did this before ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are you reading this thread? This is such a HUGE issue.

I cannot edit any MXF files, for example colour grading or reframing, in real time.

And refreshing the frame to see what I have done is time consuming making editing in realtime impossible.

It bring me back to the very first non linear edting system 20 years ago!

You've got to fix this ASAP and I am waiting for the next update hoping it will be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem as well.  I shoot with Canon c70 and the mxf files drop frames and goes black.  the only way I have been able to work around the problem is to transcode all the mxf files to prores.  

AMD 3900x

SSD Drives

GTX 1080 TI

96GB RAM

Latest version of Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Shutter Encoder or HandBrake to convert MXF videos to another format that is more user friendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggesstion and this is something I also briefly considered.

But after years of been able to play MXF files seamlessly, I will not start having to convert them.

It's not a new file format so there is no reason why Adobe cannot fix that issue.

If perhaps Apple Quicktime would recognise MXF files it would make it easier for Adobe but that's a whole different issue!

I'd rather change editing system than having to convert files which I did when Apple released Final Cut Pro X all those years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines