• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Font Disappeared From My Project ? and why?

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i worked on a project for like 15 hours that relied on a Font that i had installed only for when 1 day later when i opened up the project only for it to say invalid font family and it switched it to a ugly stock font, its completely removed from Adobe premieres panel, i installed the font in my font folder via located on the c drive, any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this the only way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to re install the font and replace the default font.

But resetting preferences wont hurt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah so this problem is happening to me but none of these worked, I can't change it back I can't find the font in adobe I don't know what's going on! It just dissapeared and now my project is ruined

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's so frustrating when things like that happen. I've got the same issue. A font (which has a TTF and an OTF in the fonts folder on my system drive) was working fine for a very long time in Premiere, and now suddenly all text made with it has disappeared. Literally just doesn't show in the viewport. No error, just is invisible. I have Adobe Creative Services running, cause I thought maybe it was a matter of the font not being installed (it's a free font, NOTHING to do with adobe). But no, doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines