• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My timeline preview renders stops randomly before completing the render.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone.

My Premiere timeline renders suddenly began to stop rendering before completing the render causing me to have to hit preview render multiple times in order to render the entire timeline. It happens in all of my projects now, regardless of the type of clips used (.MOV, .MP4, Dynamic links PNG. etc etc.) It happens at random intervals and gives no errors. It simply stops the render with the parts it got to now green and the rest still red or yellow as before I started. I thought it was a bug, but no one else seems to have a similar issue, so, does anyone have any idea of what it could be or how I can solve it? I saw somewhere that it might be a cache size issue, but I cleared the cache and it still happens. I am running the latest PP V22.2 on a Windows 10 with I7 10700K, 32gb Ram and a RTX 2060 super. I have been for over a year and this issue has only started in the past month and a bit.

Please help!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Peru Bob

My projects are all on a dedicated 4TB internal HHD that is about 1/3rd full. The CC is installed on C: NVME SSD. None of that has changed in the time or even remotely close to the time the Issue started. I will however have a look at my Drivers.

Thanks for the advice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a fresh install of the studio driver, and it is still doing it, so it is not the drivers. Thanks for your suggestion though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does targeting all of your video and audio tracks make any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff

I am not sure why that would make a difference? I did however try it now on a timeline and it still stopped prematurely. So, targeting doesn't seem to make a difference. Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BHattingh wrote:

Hey Jeff

I am not sure why that would make a difference? I did however try it now on a timeline and it still stopped prematurely. So, targeting doesn't seem to make a difference. Thanks for the suggestion.

It shouldn't make a difference, but I often try things that "shouldn't" work because sometimes they defy logic and do.  😄

Have you tried all the other rendering options (Render Effects In To Out, Render Audio, Render Selection)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generally use "Render In to Out" as I prefer it all completely rendered. "Render Effects" does the same and render Audio is a bit difficult to say as there's generally not a lot to render, so it seems to render it all, all the time. I actually have a clip now (After Effects Dynamic Link) that the render pop up window claims to render to 100%, but when it is done, the clip is still red. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I even Uninstalled (deleting preferences) and re-installed and it still does it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines