Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help, Dynamic link in Team projects not always working

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i've been working with another person on a team project in Premiere. Everything if fine, publishing and updating works. The only thing that only does sometimes though is the dynamic link feature between PR and AE. On my computer, I replaced a clip from premiere for an AE composition, made my changes and published it. However, when my partner updated the project he could see the clip but it would just show the standard "missing files" bars and it wouldnt show. We tried opening the team project in After effects (since everything synchronizes very conviniently) and for some wierd reason only a couple of the comps got relinked. I got no idea whats happening but the only option we now have is to render out the comps and drag them in PR like normal mp4s now which is very annoying.

Need Help

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try to relink everything in after effects?

it is best to collect files from project manager when moving between different platforms.

You can also try to start get used to mogrts that are really much more practical than 

dynamically linked stuff between premiere pro and after effects, but it always depends on 

your workflow and what you really need, but Motion Graphics Templates (mogrts) are 

really great! anyway, take a look at this if it helps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/dynamic-link.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thanks for the advice!

Could you maybe tell me how I "relink" everything in after effects? I dont exactly know what you mean by that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines