• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Export Panel File name issue

Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There doesn't seem to be a way to see the name of already saved files using the new Export Panel.

I save a file and give it a version number, say Test V5, when I want to save the next version I used to be able Click on the test V5 file and change it to V6 I can't see how to do this now.

This is standard Windows file management.

This is the export for Premiere 2021

Test v5.png

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Richard. The problem sounds like a bug. I think there is already one up on User Voice, new issues. I'll see if I can get a link for us to upvote.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Kevin

Did you find a Link? I Have the exact same problem on mac os, and it looks like the new interface is launching a different "version" of the finder-selection-window, which doesn't allow the selection of another file, but just of the destination folder.

Because the problem apparently occurs on mac os and windows, for me, it doesn't seem like a bug but like a weird design choice because of some other advantage of that different selection process, which I personally can't grasp.

I would be very content if you could relay that problem accordingly, because that makes the day-to-day with premiere frustrating if you have to export many changes and/or different frame-format versions like 16-9, 9-16 and 4-5. I had a project recently where 60 exports were needed, and I certainly don't want to rename the clips or copy and paste the names accordingly every single time.

Thank you and best,

Damian

Damian22186254wg3a_0-1650365038749.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin.  I have to agree with Richard and Damian.  This is a real issue for me as well.  Especially when exporting mixes where I'm changing one small detail in a rather long file name.  It also complicates overwriting an export when I find a mistake in my render and just want to quickly fix it and replace the file.  Often I have lengthy file names that include ISCI codes and being able to click on the file I want to overwrite in the export window and simply replace it is common practice in my workflow.

As Damian mentions, it appears to be a design choice and not a bug.  

Thank you for the help Kevin!   Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This needs to be fixed asap.  I name new exports by finding my old versions and clicking on them, then giving them a new version number.  Not being able to see any of my files is a huge pain.  This seems like a massive design oversight.   It's like the update was designed for a robot and not a user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, this is horrible. Please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I'm having the issue with a Mac so it's not only Windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Please fix! It slows down the entire process when I just want to add a new version number to end of my naming convention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been acknowledged since it started ... and they have promised it will change. There's a public beta build that has at least some of this brought back, so ... hopefully in not too long! ... we'll see this fixed in the shipping version.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines