• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new title tool in Version 23 is useless

Engaged ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible to use the Selection Tool (V) after creating a text. So, now titles have to be created in Photoshop or Illustrator and then imported. I don't know why Adobe took away a text tool that once worked. I guess they want us to use a future titling tool that apparently is in beta. Or, they have 12-year-olds writing code. Maybe a combination of both. 

TOPICS
Editing , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um ... typing any letter with the Text tool active naturally types that letter.

So you need to click outside the Program monitor then Ctrl/Cmd- V will work, as it is designed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you need to click outside the Program monitor then Ctrl/Cmd- V will work, as it is designed.

By @R Neil Haugen

Ctrl+V = paste. You mean just V.

@Indie767 

Might need to spend some time with the New EGP. You can do more than you think. Many users underestimate the power of this new EGP.

After typing text hit ESC then V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, the first I tried is hitting the ESC button. That does not work. But I figured out to click outside the program monitor. However, elimining the select tool from within the EGP window is a stupid move. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, ESC is still working for me (and for others as I see), and nothing has changed in recent updates regarding this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may even be some 12 year-olds using the program also?

I can activate the Text Tool with "T", click on the program monitor and type my text, then I press Ctrl-Enter which takes me out of entering text, and then press "V" to use the selection tool, with the just typed text selected. Works well I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice, never tried Ctrl-enter. My way is: press Esc, then "V".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Indie767 @are you committing the text before trying to move it? How does it work, what happens, do you get an error message.

I understand you might be frustrated, but please refrain from attacking the Premiere team members, it is not exactly the best way to create empathy and help you resolve your issue...

please take a deep breath, and come back with more explanations so that we can better help you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not attacking the Premier Pro team. I am critizing  Adobe managment that is appearently is instructing the Pr team to dumb down the app for the TikTok crowd. Management should be mindful of the fact that actual pro editors use Pr to do pro projects. Make another app for the kids to edit thier dance videos. I left Final Cut X years ago because Apple dumbed it down to a consumer grade level. I see Pr going down the same road to gain TikTok and YouTube influencer customers. I will rue the day when emoji and face filters are added to Premiere Pro.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So replacing ancient code (the old titler) with the new system, which includes massive connections with AfterEffects (which the Titler didn't) is ... "dumbing down" PrPro.

Huh. Building a new tool that blends Pr and Ae tighter for graphics production, well this must obviously built for YouTube folks as Ae is such a noted kid's toy.

Right.

Neil

Right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always used photoshop for titles, credits, graphics, whatever...and love using it, for both ppro and resolve. takes a little more time but gives me much more control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using psd I can use fonts I want, color of fonts, kerning, leading, put it where I want in frame ( black on white or white on black ) total control... with alpha or without... it's easy and works great.

BROOKLYN NY.jpg

has nothin to do with angst about silly stuff... just works nice.

this was shot in mn. ( the house windows ).

with imagination we can actually help one another tell a story.

: )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines