• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NEW UPDATE - PREMIER and MEDIA ENCODER FORGETS HOW TO EXPORT .MP4 FILES?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah..... so about that update...

I can't seem to render out a simple 1080p 2 minute video clip....  SharedScreenshot.jpg Basically, at all now? 

Don't even start in with you BS about my GPU or Memory etc.   I have an MSI GS66 laptop.  You can look up the specs.   

I updated Media Encoder, Premier, Rush and whatever the h*ll else yesterday.   And now today, a 1080p VBR1 at 20m is taking 40-60 minutes in Premier (but wont finish), and it won't even start reporting a summary in Media Encoder when i try to send the file there for export.  

WTF.  Again.  Adobe.   And you know what?  This always seems to happen right when I'm trying to render out a simple video for a client on a deadline.   Then I look like an idiot to the client who already paid half. 

And I'm over here counting on the other half  $$$ to pay my car payment tomorrow.

And  you guys are like,  "Nah fam.  F your Client and your export. lolz"

I've been a CC subscriber since 2018.  And at least 2-3 times a year, you guys find a way to screw me on a freelance gig at the very end when I need to just deliver an .mp4 file.   

So.... Anyone else having problems with Exporting after the update? 

What can we do here?  Final Cut is looking real good lately.  But you guys got me on that brand loyalty. 

And for all the previous MESS UPS in my Video Directing / Editing Career, I already get the whole Creative Cloud for like $30 a month as your way of saying sorry for costing me a good 3-4 clients that won't book me again because of software issues with Premier.  

What can we do?

-Mr. Shaw

Director/Owner 

[Personal information removed by moderator. This is a public forum, not Adobe support.]

TOPICS
Crash , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Un-check Maximum Render Quality.*
  • Un-check Render at Maximum Bit Depth.*
  • Don´t export to your OneDrive folder. Export to another folder.
  • Don´t store project files you work with on OneDrive. Store on another folder.
  • Don´t use source media that are located on your OneDrive. Store on another folder.
  • Make sure that there is plenty of empty space on your hard drive. (10% free minimum)
  • Try Software Encoding instead of the default Hardware Encoding.
  • Avoid mixing audio sample rates.
  • If you have third party video filters it will increase render time. (noise reduction, grading plugins, etc, etc)

OneDrive is great for backup, but if you export files to that folder OneDrive will start immediately to upload the file that Premiere Pro is still building. No-no.

* ...unless you know what they do and know why you checked them or know that you do indeed need them. Both can be render hogs, especially Render at Maximum Bit Depth, and both are known for messing with renders. Sometimes not, sometimes very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with Averdahl ... do not export to a drive that OneDrive has control over. When OneDrive refreshes the drive every five minutes or so, the 'tags' on files and such there are changed, and this causes PrPro fits. I finally removed the whole OneDrive from my computer to get total control back.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With quick turnaround being important, is there any reason you haven't tried taking advantage of Smart Rendering in Premiere Pro?

Smart Rendering
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/smart-rendering.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines