Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie - Videos uploading to FB are washed out/overexposed

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 
I am VERY new to PP, self-taught, and am doing some quick promo videos for my small business each week. After watching a few videos online, i've come up with a good template, and I can just upload a new video each week and my logo and music stay the same etc.

I've noticed that when i've uploaded the video to my FB Business Page, it's quite washed out and overexposed... like someone jacked the brightness up a ton.
I googled this issue, someone stated to copy and paste a fix into the settings of PP before I export.  I did it, it helped a little, but it's still quite bad.  See screenshots below of when it looks like in PP and once it's on FB.  Any suggestions on a fix? Something isn't going great with the exporting of the file.  I'm saving it as Facebook 1080P in H.264.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.28.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.28.33 AM.png

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

That looks like you're not doing the required user color management. The clips look like they're either HLG shot on a phone, or a log-encoded clip Pr is "seeing" as HLG.

Check that in the Project panel, right-click, Properties. If HLG is the color space you have two choices.

First .. .and easiest. Most reliable also.

• Select the clips in the bin, right-click/Modify/Interpret Footage.
  • Go to the bottom, set the Override-to option to Rec.709.
  • Make sure your sequence is set to Rec.709, and do an

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like you're not doing the required user color management. The clips look like they're either HLG shot on a phone, or a log-encoded clip Pr is "seeing" as HLG.

Check that in the Project panel, right-click, Properties. If HLG is the color space you have two choices.

First .. .and easiest. Most reliable also.

• Select the clips in the bin, right-click/Modify/Interpret Footage.
  • Go to the bottom, set the Override-to option to Rec.709.
  • Make sure your sequence is set to Rec.709, and do any color/tonal corrections as needed.
  • Export using standard SDR/Rec.709 presets, do NOT use any with HLG or PQ in the preset name.

That gets you a standard Rec.709 workflow.

The second choice is to go HDR/HLG the whole way, and that's a bit longer to explain plus less usable yet in many ways. So if you want that, ask and I'll write that out also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!
Yes, this was the problem.  The overblown/exposted is now fixed.  It does seem a little "Dull or Grey" compared to what was shot, but really far better than what it was.  
Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And that last bit ... forming it to your taste ... is always a User Choice item, really. It's where the fun is for some of us!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 
I am VERY new to PP, self-taught, and am doing some quick promo videos for my small business each week.

By @photecs

This is one video you want to view as well that explains everything regarding the issue you have. The video is made by Karl Soule from Adobe: Premiere Pro V22 - Understanding Color Spaces, HDR, and what that might mean to you - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines