• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(NOT solved) Transform stops working in Premiere 2024

Enthusiast ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just encountered a bug. I have a footage I needed to drastically slow down and stabilize. I usually do it in Topaz Video AI and with the previous versions of Premiere Pro I had had no problems. In 2024 I have had this (see the video). Neither the scale nor any other parameter does not work. Tried nesting - no effect. Tried other formats - it starts working. Please see to this bug. I repeat: Premiere 2023 had no such problems with this format.

The properties:

File Path: C:\SSD\Nested Sequence 07_stab_thm2_apo8_prob3.mov
Type: QuickTime Movie
File Size: 50,71 MB
Image Size: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: 60,00
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - Compressed - Stereo
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
Total Duration: 00:00:05:04
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1,0
Alpha: None
Color Space: Rec. 709
Color Space Override: Off
Input LUT: None

QuickTime Details:
Movie contains 1 video track(s), 1 audio track(s), 0 closed caption track(s), and 0 timecode track(s).

Video:
There are 304 frames with a duration of 2/125ths.

Video track 1:
Duration is 0:00:00:19
Average frame rate is 60,01 fps

Video track 1 contains 1 type(s) of video data:

Video data block #1:
Frame Size = 1920 x 1080
Compressor = AVC Coding
Quality = Normal (3,00)
Temporal = Normal (3,00)

Audio:
Audio track 1 contains 1 type(s) of audio data:

Audio data block #1:
Format = 16 bit - Stereo
Rate = 48000 Hz
Compressor = mp4a

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnnBens_0-1697189165885.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a side note, two of your transitions (diagonal lines) need to be adjusted. Otherwise, you will have repeated frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Ann, the Transform effect is actually broken in Pr2024. Here's another video. I nested a timewarped part of a clip to exclude any time change influence. I apply a 3D and a transform and try to keyframe position, scale and tilt. Transform stops working as soon as I change the Tilt. Scale parameter works, position\anchor - don't. FX Mute button is OFF. Watch: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann Bens wrote:

On a side note, two of your transitions (diagonal lines) need to be adjusted. Otherwise, you will have repeated frames.

This is a problem as big as a full stop absent at the end of this sentence

Seriously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another example. The position and scale properties simply stop working in Transform 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pal checked it on his PC with Premiere Pro 2024 - he's got the same transform misbehavior when paired with Basic 3D. Different PC configuration, different OS, different footage. Same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And because the Basic 3D goes in conflict with the Transform effect (or just stops working for now reason) now in Premiere 2024, those ttransitions tha are based on these two effects (like the ones found in the AtomX plugin - the Basic montage pack) do not work properly. The values change but the part of the transition where Basic 3D is used does not work at all. See the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, I added Transfrom to make zoom-in blur ffect by clicking shutter angle and then adjusting the scales. Previously it working but now there's no repsonse at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My video editor pals also report having the same problem in Premiere Pro 2024. Adobe, please see to it ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. It's the combination of Basic 3D and Transform that creates issues. In my case, it now generates weird black lines on the transformed object that were not there before. I cannot believe this has been mentioned here on Oct 13 and still no fix two months later...?

Kinda makes you wanna go back to old CS times with no updates that constantly break stuff.

Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like the black lines are the result of Basic 3D, I got it issue yesterday when put on a glow effect to a 3d-rotated text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe it's not just "Basic 3D + Transform", but " Basic 3D + [other effect]". Either way, it's an issue that was not there in Premiere Pro 23 but now appears in PP 24 (same .prproj file, no changes to effect properties).

Had to dig up an old project version from earlier this year, render the sequence with the effect(s) in PP23 (!) and import the render in my current PP24 project. 🙄

Again... frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can confirm the bug. You can put the transform effect after the other effects to fix the problem, but depending on the exact used effects and their order, this may change the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that - no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, in my case, the transform effect worked fine if I put it last:

transform.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines