Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Number Pad Not Working with Premiere Pro on iMac Pro

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have updated my mac to Montery 12.0.1 and updated to the latest version of Premiere too. I noticed that my number pad on my Mac keybord is no longer working while I am working in Premiere. I can still use the numbers on the top of the keyboard, but I find the number pad a little more handy. anyone else notice this...??? Is there a fix? Or did I just do something goofy and switch something off somewhere?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem with Premiere 22.0, but only when adding numbers to titles. It works everywhere else. I'm on a 2013 Mac Pro trash can running Big Sur.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WIGTV,

Sorry about this. I see something similar. It works as expected, except for Title creation. I'll see if I can get some attention to this isuse.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kevin! You rock! I thought I was going crazy! LOL!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this issue, also limited to use in Title creation. 

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

3.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

I'm running Permiere Pro 22.0

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Back from leave. Sorry for the delay.

Apologies, but I did ask the product team about this. This is actually working as designed in v.22. It seems as if you prefer the way it previously was working. In that case, you can file a feature request here: Premiere Pro User Voice

Sorry about that. I can see a perfect world where a keyboard modifier might satisfy those that desire both behaviors. That might be included in your request, should you post one. If so, please give us a link so we can upvote your request.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using PP for well over 8 years now and NO sorry, but that has always been the way it worked. It only has changed was the latest version.

By the way it is also a problem when creating a project and giving it a name, I can not use the numeric pad to add numbers to it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charm,

Sorry for the frustration. I'm just the messenger, so you have to let the devs know your feedback on User Voice, including that item you mentioned. Hope that makes sense. 

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kevin!

I'll make a post in the "User Voice." 

I do a lot of car dealer and furniture tv commercials and it helps having the numeric pad for price changes and things like that...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share the link, if you don't mind. 🙂

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't type numbers in text box using NUM keys it goes straight to timecode in program monitor and wont type numbers? A 2022 program issue, works fine in 2021 program.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Remii,

I'll move this post to another one on the same topic.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, really need this updated! Can't work out how to solve problem I think Adobe had changed in new update.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issuse when using the alternative keyboard on right hand side, the numbers worked fine when using the top numbers on mac keyboard?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes that’s my issue too, the top numbers work but the right hand side ones don't work for text.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines