• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Older codecs that Premiere 24 won't play

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is there a list of formats/codecs that Premiere 24.1.0 will and won't play? For years our work was shot primarily on Sony PMW F3 and there's still a huge library of beautiful HD footage that we incorporate in new projects as well as needing to update older projects. But Premiere won't play it without rendering which takes an eternity. The F3 recorded MPEG-2 Long GOP internally. For years this played well and when we upgraded to Sony's FX6 camera in 2021, Premiere couldn't play that properly.

I still have old Premiere version installed, 2020 which plays F3 fine but not FX6. What's funny is I have Davinci Resolve installed, the latest version, and there's no issue playing either.

Hoping not to get the response that it's easiest to transcode the hundreds of hours of F3 footage.

I don't want to spray abuse. People and organisations make decisions for all sorts of reasons. I'm just frustrated at lack of info. And if this rejection of old codecs is intentional (is it?), what is the explanation behind it.

Main edit station is Mac Studio M1, 32gb RAM, playing footage off internal 2tb drive, running OS12.6 Monterey and Premiere 24.1.0

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines