• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Older versions of Adobe Apps appearing in Windows Search. Can't even open them.

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have all of my apps on my taskbar so sometimes I open windows search menu and look for let's say "Premiere Pro" and get the 2020 version instead. This is the case for most other Adobe Apps as well. When I click them they don't do anything.Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I learned a bit researching this....

The top option is not really a search; it is the "Best Match." My guess is that is what was opened last related to the search. For me, when I did the search on my Surface Pro (which I don't normally use for PR), it worked as expected. I experimented, but instead of clicking on the arrow to the right, I clicked on the words "Adobe Premiere Pro (Beta)." It opened. Now when I do the search, the top "Best Match" is... yep, PR Beta!

So pick the PR 2022 you see in your folder results down list. If that doesn't fix it, see this link (or any other google option on the topic):

https://superuser.com/questions/985674/how-to-change-windows-10-best-match-recommendation

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines