• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only Some Proxies are Black Others Work?

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I am having a proxy issue that it seems like others have also had. I have tried everything I can think of and followed others in this journey to find out why some of the proxy files are black while others are fine... had no luck anywhere.

Here's what I have tried:

- Re-running the proxies again

- Making new Ingest Preset

- Moving Source footage and attempting to make proxy

- Changing Mercury playback to software only / metal / OpenCl

- Different Codecs for Proxies

This is really getting frustrating and its hindering my edit. Need to get this figured out ASAP and it also just seems like such a strange bug. Is my footage broken somehow? Just is strange this is only happening to 30 out of the 400 other clips that worked.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Solved for me. Needed to turn off GPU acceleration in media encoder. Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 10.41.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here are some tips on proxy workflows from Adobe. https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/ingest-proxy-workflow.html

Toggle the proxies on/off.

Here's how:

Enable/Toggle Proxies: To view Proxy or Full Res, simply use the Toggle Proxies button in the Source Monitor or Program Monitor. This button is available in the Button Editor (the plus sign (+) in the lower right of either Monitor), that you can add in the transport controls area. This setting is a global machine Preference, so it can also be set via Preferences > Media > Enable proxies. These buttons and Preference are linked, so setting it one place sets it in the others. The Toggle/Enable Proxies preference applies to all Projects created on that system. If you move the Project to another system, the preference is determined by what was set on that system, not the Project. When set, the button turns blue which indicates that you are viewing Proxy in the Source and Program Monitors. You can also set a shortcut for Toggle Proxies in Keyboard Shortcuts.

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems much more like an overall software malfunction or something of that sort. Thanks for the article on proxy workflows, I use proxies all the time though and am very familiar with the "toggle on / off button". Thats definitely not it. 

My problem is that all of my proxies work, except 30 of them export as black screens. Even the proxy footage in finder is black. So something is malfunctioning between Premiere and Media Encoder and its only with these specific clips. Still havent found a solution.... These clips were all shot on the Arri Amira same footage from the same days. Nothing changed. So its odd that these specific clips are the ones malfunctioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here!

Any fix found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved for me. Needed to turn off GPU acceleration in media encoder. Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 10.41.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thanks @duncanc69826446 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you @duncan69826446 ! solved it for me too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome, thanks for letting us know what worked @Sofie Lyngholm@natjohns .

Marking @duncanc69826446 's solution as correct for other users who hav ethe same problem.

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines