• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing an image behind an object in a video

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's possible to place text behind an object in a video with the track matt key effect but is it possible to place a png file behind an object in a video, when i try and do it like a text layer it doesnt work.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Don't use a track mask on the top layer, remove that effect.

Just use an Opacity Mask.

When the tower begins to move from the left, a portion of the logo may be revealed, you can use a crop effect on that clip to hide the right hand side of the clip until the tower has moved enough to un-crop it.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the text method that you are using, do you mean that the video appears 'in' the text?

For the track matte key method to work, the image will have to be in black and white (for the luma to work) or an alpha channel.

Perhaps if you can provide an image of what you want to achieve, we'll be able to assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what im trying to do is get the image to slowly reveal as the camera pans around the effiel tower using the track matt key like you can do with textScreenshot 2020-03-03 at 15.22.47.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you correctly, I think what you have to do is duplicate your video clip directly above itself and sandwich your text layer between the two layers.  Then you can draw a matte on the top layer using the opacity controls in the effect controls for that top layer. You can then have premiere track the shape and if premiere does not do a good enough job, you can manually adjust the shape.  make sense?Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 12.34.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's what i did in the screenshot above but it doesnt slowly reavel the picture as the video plays but when i click off the track matt it doesnt reveal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use a track mask on the top layer, remove that effect.

Just use an Opacity Mask.

When the tower begins to move from the left, a portion of the logo may be revealed, you can use a crop effect on that clip to hide the right hand side of the clip until the tower has moved enough to un-crop it.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much, I understand now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we see

black screen with round shape of telescope of pirate who is scanning the nearby island shoreline for his adversaries. As the telescope moves around the black frame we see more of what's in that frame. That's the tracking matte. Like, on top of everything else.  

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps.

adjusting opacity of mask ( which is a sorta black and white tonality thing) you could make it look like a transluscent 'window' instead of just 'either / or ' reveal .

making your own masks and stuff is why I mentioned the black and white thing... like in psd. But forget that cause I'm just babbling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines