Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Powerpoint slides in Premiere Pro

Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I haven't found anything recent on this forum about working with Powerpoint slides in Premiere Pro. I was wondering (hoping) that the 2018 version might have some handy new workflow for this. Can anyone advise on the most effective way to get slides in for video editing? Thanks. This is to cut from a speaker to his slides.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Have you tried the Export in Powerpoint? You can now export in mp4.

So in Powerpoint, it's in File > Export > Create a video

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a video in PowerPoint and use that in premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, so that's still the best way to go, eh? I saw you export WMV or mp4. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last one I did there was no automatic timing between the slides so I just 'saved as' each slide in PowerPoint as a jpeg and used those in Premiere,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks. Sounds good. I'll see which way works best. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way I have found to do this is choose File->Save as Pictures->PDF option.  Open the saved PDF in Photoshop, in the crop to: drop down menu choose Media Box, increase the bit depth to 16bit and choose RGB color mode and hit ok. Save each slide as a .PSD file.  This will preserve all of the highest resolutions.  You might be able to get away with saving them as jpegs, I didn't do that option.  The .PSD file are a little larger, but that's usually a fail safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Sounds good. I guess this way you preserve the highest resolution. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Export in Powerpoint? You can now export in mp4.

So in Powerpoint, it's in File > Export > Create a video

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked - Thanks so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea of the video settings?

ie. 60fps, 1080p, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have PowerPoint here to check but try and make your video settings out of PowerPoint match any other material that you might be combining it with - so if you are working with 1920x1080p 29.97fps material then use those settings for the PowerPoint export.

If you are not combining other material then just go with what ever you want (though 1920x1080 at 29.97fps {or 25fps} is a good choice. Keep in mind some PowerPoints are still created in 4x3 aspect ratio, so your export needs to match and in a 4x3 case you would be exporting at 1440x1080 resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, Guest! If you plan to create a video with PowerPoint slides, you can use the default feature in the PowerPoint application. Still, in this case, you will need to convert the format to the correct one if you want to use any video editor in the future, but in my opinion, this is a more complicated way. It is better to use the slides on https://okslides.com if you don't want to convert your video, so you can record your screen using the correct time frames and make a video easier. If you want, I will help you with this. Reach me in private messages or answer here on this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines