• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Premier needs After Effects installed to use MOGRT but it is installed.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the current version of Adobe Creative Cloud, all apps are updated to current versions.

I purchased some MOGRT's from Envato that are meant to be for Premier however when I try to use any of them I get the old template import error "to use this motion graphics template in Premier Pro, please install After Effects 2021.0 (trial or licence) and retry."

I have seen them working in Premier in the instructional video supplied with the MOGRT files but everything I've tried listed on this forum does not work.

I see this has been an ongoing problem since at least 2017, wondering if there has been a fix in the last 4 years?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the trouble. We'll look into the issue.

Which version of AE and PR are you using? Does it happen with this particular mogrt only?

Let us know.

Regards,

Shivangi

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for your reply.

As mentioned I have the current version of both in Creative Cloud App.

Premier Pro v 15.4.1

After Effects v 18.4.1

Note: I have also tried the same on the current 'beta' version of Premier Pro and it gave the same error messege.

Regards,

Paul.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try opening it in Premiere Pro with After Effects open?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes mate, I did. Still no luck. Thanks for posting. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lo que deberias intentar es guardarlos a la biblioteca si funcionan directamente desde la nube y eso deberia soluxcionar el problema. De lo  contraria restaura tanto Premiere como after para que regresen a su configuracion original.
Nunca tuve ese problema peero no esta demas usas el famoso CTRL ALT SHIFT y reiniciar los parametros de cada programa.

Saludos

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem fixed. Not sure how to be honest. Tried a few things after removing the MOGRT folder but today I thought I'd import just one of the files and it worked. After that I thought I'd try the folder again and they also worked. Very confusing but at least it now works.

Thanks to anyone with comments.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue but had to restart Premiere 3-4 times. I think the apps need some time to talk with one another. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
promo
COLLABORATION TIPS

Powerful video collaboration and approval features newly integrated in Premiere Pro