• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro Crashes when I delete media Caches

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having lots of issues with playback lag on Premire Pro (Windows 10, HPZ8 computer with 192 GB ram, Nvidia Quadro5000 GPU, ssd drives for os/Apps and separate ssd drives for media and projects). Several folks said to clear media caches. So I did and premiere pro crashes.

This used to be a solid video editing tool. But recntly a lot of bugs are surfacing. 

Not certain as to what to do.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ssavanyu-PC,

Sorry about that. Can you try installing the latest NVIDIA studio driver? That has helped others.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

I have installed more versions of Nvidia Drivers than you can imagine.

Here is what I have done:

Reset windows for a complete clean install.

Installed the latest Nvidia drivers for the Quadro 5000 GPU card

Reinstalled the entire Creatic Cloud software suite

Uninstalled my ASIO audio card and went back to Windows built-in realtek audio (MME)

When I edit, the program runs fine for about 3 minutes (Yes, I have timed it several times).

Then the keyboard spacebar Play/Stop no longer responds. Sometimes it takes several second before the cursor stops moving. When this occours the mpuse and any keyboard keys are non funcitional. Eventually Premiere will stop playing.

This is very frustrating and I am rapidly loosing faith in Adobe Video products.

The Z8 PC is less than five years old and was custom configured by HP at the NAB show in 2018 to specifically run Premire and After Effects.

I will try again to reinstall the latest Nvidia Studio driver. But I don't think it will do any good.

We have two complete seats of CC in my studio. I loaded this type of project on our Mac Studio (M1) machine and it runs fine. I do know that Apple quit using Nvidia becasue of CUDA issues. I think that is the main problem here.

You can contact me directly if you would like... I really do like Premiere and want to continue with it as my editing platform. But several friends are telling me to take a good look at Divinci Resolve...

(Note: the "PC" in my user name refers to our Windows Platform creative cloud seat.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

I downloaded the latest Nvidia Studio Driver and performed a clean install as Administrator.

And, like every other time, Premiere pro edits fine for about 3 minutes, then does the same playback lag problem when I press the space bar. At first it only lags a tiny bit, however as I continue to edit, the problem woresns until it is unuseable. At this this point I have to seriously look at editng software/hardware alternatives and migrate away from the Windows platform, HP Computers, and Nvidia graphics. I am very dissapointed in this whole situation as I have a considerable investment in the hardware, software and my valuable time trying to troubleshoot this ongoing problem.

Anything you can suggest to help. I have had toplevel support from adobe several years ago when i first started having Nvidia issues and things were working. But with windows constantly forceing software updates on users, it is getting harder to keep thing working. Very dissapointing as an editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps some sort of memory leak?

Maybe a plugin issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No plug ins, Fresh reset of Windows 10 two weeks ago. See my other post regarding timline start stop lag. 

There is something going on with Windows, its updates and Premiere.... Others I'm finding out are having similar issues.

Serisouly thinking of dumping the HP Z8 Workstaiton and going back to Mac...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if HP is doing updates.  I may be the HP updater that is causing issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have HP updater set to check on saturdays every three months.

I also use (in manual mode) the HP Support assistant as this is a workstaiton class machine.

I am going to run all HP diagnostics today to see if there are any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the direct way to delete your cache.

Delete your cache files as follows. (Close Premiere Pro) 
The files are located here, Paste the whole line below into File Explorer:
%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

Simply delete the three folders:
•• Media Cache
•• Media Cache Files
•• Peak Files

Premiere Pro will automatically create the folders and files it needs as you edit. I do this before every upgrade. And/or if things seem to go strange. I also keep a desktop shortcut to this folder for quick access.
image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I like that approach and will do the same thing after each upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines