Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Premier pro no longer loading on Mac (Catalina) after insta360 GoPro FX Reframe plugin install

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier pro no longer loading on Macbook (Catalina) after insta360 GoPro FX Reframe plugin install.

See the plugin i installed here:

https://www.insta360.com/download/insta360-oner

I uninstalled and reinstalled premier pro but it still is not loading......shows my welcome screen with different stuff it is loading, but then crashes and asks me if i want to send error report.

I think i also deleted the plugin to see if that helps, but premier pro is still not loading.....

I have more than 500GB storage space still available and dont think there is any issue with memory.

Not sure what the problem is.

pls help!

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the following locations described in this link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/premiere-pro/kb/troubleshoot_playback_performance.html

• Check the MediaCore folder to verify whether the installed plug-ins are compatible with Premiere Pro.

For Windows, the files are at:

C:\ProgramFiles\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore.

For macOS, the files are at:

Macintosh HD⁩/ ⁨Library⁩/⁨Application Support⁩/Adobe⁩/⁨Common⁩/⁨Plug-ins⁩/⁨7.0⁩/MediaCore.

• Move the plug-ins temporarily from this location to any other folder and check if Premiere Pro is working properly without the third-party plug-ins. If the issue is resolved, then update the plug-ins, or contact the plug-in vendor for a compatible version.

Check it after uninstalling and remove anything related to that plugin before reinstalling.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. But this is from GoPro. I find it suprising that GoPro's website has a plugin that appears to be crashing Adobe Premier 2022 upon loading......Dont know what to do...... I am using MacOS Catalina and latest Adobe Premier 2022. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. But this is from GoPro.

I don't know what you mean by this?

Have you tried uninstalling, clearing that folder, then re-installing?

Does Premiere start up successfully then?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines