Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro not working after update.

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

Half way through an edditing job yesterday, Pr started acting up. Every click was taking 2 seconds to register (there were no other processes grabbing at the CPU), Clicking "Play" does nothing, Clicking "Go to in" stopped responding, and clicking anywhere in the timeline is being ignored. I cant highlight tracks. Some windows respond to mouse click, but all the core stuff is screwed.

I updated Pr and I've got the same today. PR is all over the place. Upon opening, my windows are all popped and I'm having to put them all back manually becasue the Workspaces arent working as a default. All of the other issues I menioned above, are still here despite the refresh.

Any ideas anybody?

P.S. all other apps on the PC are working fine. No virus' detected and no reason to think the issue lies outside PR. Running an Alien i7 with a GeForce 1080 & 32Gb.

Thanks Folks,

D

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

If not:

deinstall, use cleaner tool and install again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are all sorts of things that can cause these sorts of issues outside of premiere.  Make sure you have plenty of free space on your startup and media drives, a minimum of 10% on all drives and 20% on your startup drive and run a drive speed tool to make sure your drives are not failing.    As a troublehsooting step, try restarting your computer and make sure no other apps are running.   Try disconnecting your computer from the internet/network by turning off wifi and/or pulling the ethernet cable.  try creating a new user account on the computer with administrative privileges and signing in to that account...  I think there are a few good posts here on troubleshooting steps on windows.  probably a good idea to search this forum.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, thanks for the advice, but thats all covered. This is a squeaky clean editing PC.

I'll keep hunting. Cheers.

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hardware can fail.  and every drive will fail and sometimes can fail right out of the box...   certainly worth a few minutes to check the drive read/write speed...     bwdik.  good luck and let us know if you figure out the issue(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rebooting often helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make new user, and that work,  but still I don t know what to do with my prefered user and where is the problem. Customer servise try to fix but nothnig... I don t know taht is the but or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well...very frustrating.  I have a high end Alienware laptop and all was working great until this last update.  All drivers are updated, I did a reinstall and restart...nothing helps.

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reinstall the previous version that was working.  it is available in the creative cloud app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I have reset preferences, I have reinstalled, I've turned off every background task I can, including antimalware, and I still have the problem. Looking at my screen now, my source window and time line are empty. There are simply partes of the tool that are not initialising.

I'll have a look at reverting the SW back to the previous version as per mgrenadier, but if it clears the problem, what then?

Oh well, back to the grind. I will let you know if it works.

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the double entry.

Slight development for anybody interested, or who may have an idea of whats going on.

I'm in the process of creating and editing 70 videos for a client. They have supplied the raw footage as per usual, and I am making it pretty in Pr, again as per usual.

After I complete each edit/export, I then change the file name to the name of the next video and replace the clients raw footage from the previous edit to the one for this edit. That way I dont have to recreate my intro/outro. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

It was all going fine until the other day when Pr started to act up. As it stands, the time line will not open until I change the workspace and when it does open, I cant select the clips. The transport bar wont open either.

Additionally, Pr has got my CPU cooler making a right old racket. Its got me up to 80deg+, and this is with nothing playing, I've only opened a project.

However, it has taken me until today to realise that (after 2 reinstallations and a million and 1 other things), that if I open an old project, or I create a new project, Pr is ticketyboo. Everything is functional as it should be.

Additionally again, from a task perspective, Pr seems to be spawning a lot more than usual. I've attached a quick task view.

So, I am now in the process of recreating my edit wrapper in a new project and I will continue on from there. Hopefully it will stay stable, but the question I have left, to those that may be interested, is:

Is there an inherent problem with Pr in regards to duplication of projects? I have competed 67 of the 70 videos and the 68th is stuck. Have I popped a memory allocation somewhere and created a stack overflow of sorts? It does seem that instance 68 broke something.

Thanks folks,

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, another update....

As screwy as it seems, I started deleting assets from my project. When I got down to 4, Pr started working normally again. If I add another asset, such as a jpg, the tools stops functioning.

Or in other words, if I have more than 4 assets in a bin, Pr stops working.

I can nest a bin and put 4 in the nested bin and Pr keeps working, but if any bin has more than 4 assets, Pr doesnt like it.

Any thoughts anybody?

Cheers.

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well you're certainly doing due-diligence...  sounds to me like something in your project may be corrupt.  You might try creating a new project and importing the old project.  That will often  sometimes get things working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done it. Created a brand new project in a brand new instance of Pr and its the same. Cant have more than 5 assets. I dont think its related to my re-using videos anymore, something is limiting the tool.

Thanks for the ongoing thoughts though 🙂

Cheers

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for following thru and posting back...    Never easy to diagnose these sort of problems from a distance.    First, what are the properties of your media?   Try unliking all the media and with the media offline, see if the problem persists.    Did you try reinstalling the previous version of Premiere?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for following through on my follow through 🙂

It doesnt seem to be an issue with properties, I've just created a brand spanking new project, on my desktop and opened 5 new stock images into the top level bin, and Pr keels over. I havent even dragged an image into the timeline, If I cut just 1 image, the timeline reactivates and off we go again................. 

For the sake of clarity, steps:

1 - Open Pr

2 - Create new project on desktop

3 - Double click on project bin and open first image ---> Pr Stable. Timeline functioning.

4 - Double click on project bin and open second image ---> Pr Stable. Timeline functioning.

5 - Double click on project bin and open third image ---> Pr Stable. Timeline functioning.

6 - Double click on project bin and open fourth image ---> Pr Stable. Timeline functioning.

7 - Double click on project bin and open fith image ---> Pr doesnt want to play any more. Timeline not functioning.

8 - Delete fith image. Pr . Pr Stable. Timeline functioning.

9 - Create Bin ---> Pr doesnt want to play any more. Timeline not functioning.

10 - Drag fourth image into bin ---> Pr Stable. Timeline functioning.

Go figure....

Cheers.

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are there any Adobe coders out there who can let me know what is going on with my installation of Pr? I've run out of things to try. There must be somebody else who has seen this issue...

Thanks

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put your project in a regulare drive instead of One drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intersting idea so I tried it. Sadly made no difference. I can still only have 4 files in a bin.

Cheers

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large is your project file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I have reset preferences, I have reinstalled, I've turned off every background task I can, including antimalware, and I still have the problem. Looking at my screen now, my source window and time line are empty. There are simply partes of the tool that are not initialising.

I'll have a look at reverting the SW back to the previous version as per mgrenadier, but if it clears the problem, what then?

Oh well, back to the grind. I will let you know if it works.

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines