Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro Thumbnail

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I've searched the forum and many have asked the question but there doesnt seam to be the answer.

When i create a video with PP, the chosen thumbnail for file preview and social media start image appears to be totally random.

Sometimes the automatically chosen thumbnail is inappropriate, how can i choose the frame that is used?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a keyboard shortcut I think ... or perhaps a context menu item for this. Can't remember, there might be both, and I'm not at my computer to check.

Right-click on a clip, see if there's an option to set preview thumbnail.

And search the keyboard shortcuts dialog for "preview" and/or "thumbnail" ... I think those would get anything like this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PeruBob to the rescue!

Yes, they're called "poster frames" in Premiere ... which has some weird terminology at times. Like Resolve calling masks "power windows" ... right ... it's a freakin' mask ... well, "poster" frames is maybe a leetle more to the point than a power window ... maybe ...

And as noted in my post, you can do this either via the right-clicking of a clip in the Project pane, scrolling down to 'set poster frame' ... or by setting a keyboard shortcut in the Keyboard shortcut panel. Which I've done long since.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out my Premiere Pro Course: https://www.udemy.com/course/premiere-pro-course/?referralCode=AF659E18BEF06A7F4955 Today I go over how to change the thumbnails of the videos you import in to Premiere Pro. Learn to Conquer YouTube with Me : http://bit.ly/AMYouTubeCourse Join the Community at: ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video is for to change thumbnail while you import into not while exporting... 

Did anyone found the right way to change the thumbnail while exporting or for the exported video????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The player determines the thumbnail not Premiere.

As e.g. YT you can set your own thumbnails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, is there an answer to this? I have this clip and its to share intern with my company, but if i share it the preview shot is the 'surprise' and I don't what to give it away like that. Can I pick another preview shot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
File Explorer shows you thumbnails for all files unless it's a file it doesn't recognize. Videos almost always have a thumbnail and unless a specific thumbnail is set for it, Windows 10 will use the first frame as the thumbnail. This may, or may not help you identify what the video is. You can set

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines