• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier pro wont include french accents in captions

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am copying the french captions into the caption text box, the french looks fine. But in the program screen, none of the accents are in place and are all replaced with apostrophes. Please help to fix this. 

Win 10

Premier V22.0 

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a side by side, caption box and program monitor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well looks like I rushed here before updating! It's fixed in 22.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it looks like the problem still persists 

the following characters won't display properly in premier pro: eÌ‚ + aÌ€

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are unicode characters that are composed of 2 characters and a nonspacing mark. Staff will need to chime in....

I describe my discovery of this issue here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/text-appears-without-caron-s-while-copied-to...

At that point, probably PR 2021, the problem was addressed by changing the text engine to South Asian and Middle Eastern:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/text-appears-without-caron-s-while-copied-to...

But that selection of text engine was removed Dec 2021 with PR 22.1.1 in favor of a universal text engine:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/cant-see-the-middle-eastern-option-in-premie...

I get the same problem you do when pasting these unicode multi-character codes in 22.3.0. What is the fix?

@Trent Happel @Mike-Berry 

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problem pasting in the above characters into a 22.3 Pr caption layer as long as I choose a font which supports them. For example, in this screenshot you can see the results of the paste in Minion Pro (unsupported) and Lato (supported). Not all fonts will support combining characters, but many will.
Also note that fonts like Minion Pro do support unicode that does not use combining unicodes, like "précédent". All of these words can be created using either single unicodes for "à" or combining unicodes for "à". If you want to use the combining version, then you need to choose an appropriate font.

Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 10.54.25 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Mike!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to agree with this, but it's not correct. The same fonts that used to work are having the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should have been more precise in my answer. The Pr text layout engine now handles this for some fonts and not others, based on the glyph availability in the font. If you choose one of the fonts that does not support it, then you need to use the single unicode version to get the glyph.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan is this a known issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines