Exit

Premiere 2019 showing white screen only

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HeyScreen Shot 2018-10-22 at 3.51.38 PM.png,
Having a problem with this.
Anytime I open a project, it shows this white screen in the preview monitor. Tried with multiple projects. Not working.
Premiere also doesn't quit normally. Have to force quit it.
The error shown is "A low level exception occurred in Adobe Scopes (Transmit::CreateInstance).
Any help would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Thank you for sharing the information, panchsheeel.

Try resetting preferences and let us know if that helps.

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

Thanks,
Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi panchsheeel,

Sorry for your issue. Please answer the following questions to understand the issue better.

1. Which Operating System are you using?

2. Please share your system specification (RAM, GPU, processor)

3. Are you getting the same issue if you create a new project/sequence with a single clip?

Additionally, you can try changing the Video Renderer.

FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro?

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivangi,
I'm using MacOS Mojave
Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

And yes, problem persists even in a new project and sequence with a single clip.
After dragging it on the timeline, can't view anything in the preview monitor and the same message shows up:
"A low level exception occurred in Adobe Scopes (Transmit::CreateInstance)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to reset the settings at the start up from premiere also solve the issue for me, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long shot here, but what happens if you click on the wrench in the Program panel and change it from Alpha to Composite Video?

alpha.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't do anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you update the graphic driver: Intel® Graphics Drivers for Mac*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated 😕
No difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the information, panchsheeel.

Try resetting preferences and let us know if that helps.

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

Thanks,
Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!
Works now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and tried the Option with restart, and I'm still getting the same errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a more permanent solution? I have to do this every single time I launch Premiere ever since I installed an EVGA 2080ti. I just get a white screen and an unmoveable playbar. Premiere also will not quit without Task Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am looking for a more permanent solution. This happens to me once a week and I have to reset preferences every time. I am in an office with two other editors and it only happens to me, no one else. I wish I knew why and knew how to fix it for good.

Also, it appears this issue is linked to this other thread.

Re: A low-level exception occurred in: Adobe Scopes (Transmit::CreateInstance)

Perhaps there is a common solution?

Any ideas????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find that wrench anywhere ... I had the same problem and reset my settings (hold option on startup) and it works now!! I was this close to buying a temp computer to finish this project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Averdahl, that's what I did by accident and couldn't retrace my steps, so thank you for this suggestion! It probably wasn't the Original Poster's problem but it fixed mine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue. Tech support helped me with this solution.

For Mac users.

First, close Premiere Pro

In Finder, option select Go from drop down menu to open Library

Open  Application Support / Adobe

Find the folder "Premiere Pro" and rename it "Premiere Pro_old"

Close folders and now open Premiere Pro application. Should work fine. This also fixed an issue I had with title tool where none of the operational windows automatically opened.

Note - you may need to first uninstall / reinstall Premiere Pro.  I had done this before seeking tech phone support so that may have been a factor.

BTW regarding Adobe tech support.  It's annoying that there isn't a direct phone #.  Actually need to contact billing and request re-direction for tech. Absurd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me to fix it I went into "window" on the top bar then click ->" Workspaces" then scroll down and see if "import workspaces from projects" has a check mark if so click it to turn it off. Then save your project shut it down and reopen it. This fixed the problem for me after spending hours on the phone with Adobe and should only take a minute for you to do.

Hope this helps!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works man, Tnx a lott

Sali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to use Adobe Premiere Pro for any length of time without getting this issue. The Program Monitor eventually turns white every single time, wasting time and corrupting the project. I have tried every suggested solution many times to no avail.

I experience this on two different systems with two completely different setups.  The only solution I have found is too start completely over in Adobe Premiere 2018.

Thanks for this Adobe.  FYI, I'm now building an Avid system thanks to 8 months of this nonsense. If we don't pay our subsciption fees, Adobe shuts us down. They can't fix something, and they just keep pushing it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue as well. On my PC I went to Edit < Preferences < Media. And I unchecked "enable hardware accelerated encoding and decoding (requires restart)." Thaat fixed the issue. Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. I moved all of my media files to another folder, reopened the project, and made premiere relocate the media. That fixed it for me!

tyler 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same problem.

I Opened 'Task manager' and looked for 'nahimic' services and kick all.
I did it and my problem solved.

54013236-fcb45d00-413d-11e9-91f2-f52b748fe9b9.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you mostafa.miri65,

this worked for me. The other things did't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines