• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere acting like DJI files don't exist.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a DJI Air 2s, I filmed in 5.4k H.265, D-log, 24 or 25 fps. The video files play just fine in quicktime so I know they aren't corrupted. I go to import them to Premiere -> New Project -> select media to make new project; when I click on the source folder, none of the videos populate in the folder. Its like the app doesn't even know there are any files in there. In fact of the 200 or so files in that folder (.dng, .srt, .jpg, .mp4) only a single .dng file populates. I have changed file names, I have tried to use AME (it also doesnt acknowledge the files exist) I have searched high and low for troubleshooting issues but among the countless creators using this combo I havent found anyone else with this issue.

Version 23.1, 2019 iMac, OS Ventura 13.1

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Try starting a new project and then import the files into the project panel and see if that works better.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a project without using the base import process. Type a Name, set the Location, make sure mo folders are selected nor any options on the right selected (blue).

Click Create, Pr creates a new project.

Now from the MediaBrowser panel navigation to the folder. I would suggest having it as the second folder "down" just to be sure it's not a "root" folder.

See if it shows the files.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I eventually managed to drag and drop them into Premiere and get it working, but even the Media Browser does not detect them for whatever reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try starting a new project and then import the files into the project panel and see if that works better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intertesting. That actually works. I had discovered I could drag and drop the files into an already existent project, but just checked this and your method works as well. How strange that mediabrowser and new project can't see them, but this can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same issue and starting new project also didn't help. 
I can't see my drone footages in that folder at all. Neither in media browser or import screen.

Just one and only .dng file. Nothing else.

Can someone record a video how to solve this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the full folder tree for that folder? All parts of the name ... a screengrab of the Finder or Explorer window showing that folder, with the folder tree path listed, would be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, thank you for your interest.

It was "Macintosh HD/Kullanıcılar/juba/Masaüstü/DJI/Harun Villa" directory (don't know how to SS directory adress like Win computer in Mac lol)

While I'm taking screenshots for you, I clicked import from file menu and seen files in target folder and could import them.

But Import menu at beginning and media browser can't see them proper way and don't make things easier as it should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines