Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Changes Color Space of Video When Keyframing Scale/Position

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a strange one.

The opening shot of my feature utilizes a post-zoom, aka keyframing the scale/position of the beginning/end of the shot. However, during the animated zoom/keyframed duration, there is a DRASTIC change in the color space (not displaying my final color grade – blueish shadows – but something completely out of left field – green shadows).

I can 100% confirm (well, 99% confirm) that the keyframes are causing the issue. I’ve deleted every other layer, effect, etc. with no change, but when I delete the keyframes, the desired color space comes back. As a matter of fact, the color space changes at the exact frame AFTER the final keyframe.

I’ve tried deleting rendered files, changing preview codec, clearing cache, and duplicating the sequence with no luck. I’m guessing it has something to do with the .R3D or IPP2? Or maybe I’ve officially lost my mind while editing a feature film?

Just in case, here are some specs:

Project: shot on RED Helium (8k, 7:1 compression, HDRx) with a Low Light Optimized Filter.

Adobe PP CC 2021 Project Settings: Preview Frame Size: 5182×2160 (shot 2x anamorphic), Preview Format: Quicktime Apple ProRes 422 (max bit depth/render quality UNchecked), Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal), Video Layers -> v1: .R3D’s + .AE Linked Comps, v2: Lumetri Adjustments, v3: Red Giant Denoiser, v4: FilmConvert Nitrate, v5: REC709 Conversion (supplied by RED)

Hardware: 2010 Mac Pro w/ 2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeons, 96 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon RX 580 8 GB GPU, 1 TB PCI SSD, 8 TB Ext. USB 3.0 Drive.

Thanks, y’all!

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Seanothon,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Are you able to reproduce this issue with the R3D files in a new project? Also, if possible please share a screen recording of the issue & a download link for the sample media to diagnose the issue at our end.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reaching out, Sumeet.

After countless hours trying to address this problem, I was able to find a solution. Strangly enough, it had to do with 'SCALE TO FRAME SIZE' vs. manually scaling using the effects panel. The color discrepency only existed if I scaled a file using keyframes with the manually scaled file, but not with the Scale to Frame Size" file.

Despite these methods doing the exact same thing, do the functions actually operate differently?

Looking at the two files on my timeline, the Scaled to Frame Size file reads its scale at 100%, while the manually scaled file reads 50%. (Please take note that I am editing an 8K file in a 4K timeline).

I'm now worried because the same aforementioned color discrepency is also happening with my After Effects Dynamic Linked comps in the same timeline (where I used files manually scaled, not "Scale to Frame Size") and I would really prefer not to have to re-edit all of these linked comps.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines