• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere crashes when I go to preferences (v23, v24 and v24 betas) Mac 13.5.2

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere is crashing when I click on any preferences selection. Doesn't hang, just closes. I've done all the usual stuff (clean install of Premiere, clear cache, no plugins, new project, etc.) There's something on my system it simply doesn't like. From previous posts, I see Tourbox and Blackmagic extensions can create issues. I've cleared eveything Tourbox related I can find off the system. What should I be looking for from Blackmagic? Is there a general list of known problem software for Premiere? It definitely seems more sensitive to system settings than the other Adobe apps and other editors.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Thank you for this... I was having the same issue in all versions of Premiere, and logged in as different accounts. Tried uninstalling, upgrading, everything. I updated the Tourbox app, switched the batteries in my Tourbox (as they'd gone dead), resynced it as a new Bluetooth device in the Tourbox app, and then suddenly the issue was resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Eric,

I'm sorry to hear about the crash. Could you try creating a new user account (https://adobe.ly/3F7jpsU) and check if you still see the issue? This will help us to check if this is a permissions-related related problem. 

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ishan. I created a new user and am still experiencing crashes when I try to open preferences. The only difference is it hangs on a beach ball rather than closing out instantly. I submitted a crash report and referenced your name and suggested course of action – hopefully that can be tracked down for further troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this... I was having the same issue in all versions of Premiere, and logged in as different accounts. Tried uninstalling, upgrading, everything. I updated the Tourbox app, switched the batteries in my Tourbox (as they'd gone dead), resynced it as a new Bluetooth device in the Tourbox app, and then suddenly the issue was resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Glen! That worked for me as well – the exact same process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines