Premiere ignores selected tracks and only pastes video to V1

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my selected shots in one timeline and I'm trying to cut+paste into the main timeline. Premiere only pastes to the first track even when it's deselected and the higher tracks are selected. Never seen this issue before and can't figure out why it's happening. 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Nvm I figured it out immediately after posting even though I struggled with it for a couple hours prior to posting. For anyone with this issue, premiere updated the keyboard shortcuts for ctrl+v. The new default will "paste to same track". Go into keyboard shortcuts, search for "paste to same track" and delete that useless shortcut. Don't have to make a new one. It will work normally again after that. 

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvm I figured it out immediately after posting even though I struggled with it for a couple hours prior to posting. For anyone with this issue, premiere updated the keyboard shortcuts for ctrl+v. The new default will "paste to same track". Go into keyboard shortcuts, search for "paste to same track" and delete that useless shortcut. Don't have to make a new one. It will work normally again after that. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines