• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere is adding frames to the beginning of any clip I move in a sequence.

Contributor ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new problem for me.

I created a sequence with all my clips.  I created proxies for my clips.  I've done this many times before without issue.  But...

When I attempt to move a clip to another position, it ends up with frames from the previously preceding clip added to the start of the moved clip.  But these added frames are now part of the moved clip and can't be deleted.  So, I'm stuck on this edit, unable to find a way to simply sort my clips.

Is there an easy fix to this?  Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Clearing the cache sounds like a fix. I always clear the cache with every update. Here's the way inside of PP.

• Start PP from it's normal desktop icon (IE: don't open from a project file link).
Close the Open/Home screen (and you will be in PP without a project open).
• Go into Edit/Preferences/Media Cache (Mac users adjust menu name)
• Then Press: Remove Media Cache Files: and Delete...
• Select: Delete all media cache files from the system and OK
Close PP - It will create any needed cache f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rachel5EAF,

Sorry about the poor experience. Have you tried clearing the cache files to check if it's working properly?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearing the cache sounds like a fix. I always clear the cache with every update. Here's the way inside of PP.

• Start PP from it's normal desktop icon (IE: don't open from a project file link).
Close the Open/Home screen (and you will be in PP without a project open).
• Go into Edit/Preferences/Media Cache (Mac users adjust menu name)
• Then Press: Remove Media Cache Files: and Delete...
• Select: Delete all media cache files from the system and OK
Close PP - It will create any needed cache files on the fly as you edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for suggestion.  I tried that, but it didn't seem to have any effect.  I restarted the project from scratch and replicated the same problem.  But it seems to be triggered by the creation of proxies.  I can rearrange clips before I make proxies.  But once created, the additional frames are added...it's as if the breaks between ALL clips is moved 3 frames backward.  Then why I move a clip using proxies, it's screwed up with the extra frames.  It's all very frustrating and defeats any benefit of using proxies. So, still no solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the solutions offered below solve your problem?

Please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Please see my latest update above.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually was unable to complete this project without repeating this ongoing problem of frames being added to the beginning of each clip in the sequence.  So its impossible to change the order of clips.  Clearing the cache had no impact.  If anyone has a solution, please let me know.  Because I can't even complete a very basic edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this is a very unusual issue ... and would be simply maddening beyond belief.

You make proxies within Premiere, and get this ... but only after making the proxies. This boggles the mind.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some more testing.  What I said was incorrect.  This happens even without making proxies.  

I created a brand new project, brought in all my clips.  And it's as if all the transition points are moved back 3 frames.  So when you move a clip, it brings with it 3 frames of the preceding clip with it.  I deleted the cache prior to creating the project.  I've been using Premiere for years and never had this problem.  

So...the only workaround I've found, is to bring in all the clips leaving gaps between each while I edit.  The gaps allow me to rearrange the clips without picking up frames.  Then I delete the gaps.  

But this is really weird and frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is simply bizarre!  Post about it on their Premiere Pro UserVoice system for the devs to see ... that is just freaky.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines