Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere is duplicating files

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Since I updated to the last version of premiere (CC 2018 v12.0) I've noticed it has been generating new data files with the same name and extension plus "_1", "_2", etc. Look:

Captura de Tela 2017-11-22 às 22.46.29.png Captura de Tela 2017-11-22 às 23.00.02.png

Its not a problem to generate data files, but why now it keeps with the same extension? This way is hard to separate what is video and what is data, for exemple, if i want to copy only the videos to an editor, or if i want to drag the video files directly on Plural Eyes... Its really annoying.

Someone know how can I solve this problem?

Thank you very much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is on the hard drive, or in the bins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is on the hard drive.

I noticed it stoped to create these files when I unchecked the "Save media cache files next to original media files".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But does that mean it's saving those files somewhere else? My understanding is that .cfa and .pek files will continue to be created - just in a central folder as opposed to being located next to the original media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct.  They're created elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. May be is temporary files. but it is doing a mess in the explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue, and have no idea what these duplicate files are. To clarify, it's generating new files on the hard drive, they have the same file name with a _1 appended, and they are very small files (10-15KB). My files reside on a server that I access via 10gbe. I have write XMP data turned off, wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is lame.  Why keep them with original extension name? It just confuses us.  It was easy before to exclude .pek and .cfa files from transfers, but now it's much more difficult to know which are real files and which are cache. This is bonkers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines