Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere keep crashing when edge trimming

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!

When I try to the edge of a sequence and drag it to be at the good place, premiere keep crashing almost everytime I do it. No problem with the cut tool, only when I drag the edge.

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it occur in all projects and with different types of media?

Worth trying a couple of the basic troubleshooting things first if you haven't already:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This keeps happening to me too. I've cleared the media cache, updated my driver to the latest NVIDIA studio driver and it still constantly crashes immediately after trimming an audio or video file in the sequence. Never used to have this problem before this summer. I have taken to hitting control+S after every trim hoping it saves before crashing and having to re-open. Would be great if there was a real fix for this issue! Nvidia RTX 2060 on an Asus ROG Zephyrus G14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please tell us your source properties and sequence settings.  By any chance are you working with material shot on a smartphone or from a screen recording?  If so, the issue may be caused by sources that have a variable frame rate which can cause intermittent and unpredictable problems...  Here's how to confirm the diagnosis and fix it

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate setting the quality slider in the video panel to maximum
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines