Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2022 Freezes When Speeding Up Playback

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I just installed Adobe Premiere 2022 this morning, and I'm now having at least one major roadblock.

I edit video for broadcast, which often requires a lot of cutting in a short period of time. And I often speed up playback to figure out what needs to be cut, faster.

But after installing Adobe Premiere 2022, I can't speed up playback without the program freezing. If I do, the audio keeps playing, while everything else appears to be frozen in the program. You can press buttons but none of them work.

Any advice on this, or any fixes? The program is unworkable for me after this.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

In PrPro version 22.5, this problem has finally been solved. Thank you for my heard requests and prayers. Now playback does not stutter when using the J K L keyboard shortcuts 🖖

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it is saved. When working with hot keys at double speed playback (J or L) freezes to the present time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In version PrPro 22.5, the problem with double playback with hot keys J K L has finally been solved. Now the hood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow i thought I was the only one having this issue. It happens to me constantly. It is almost impossible to speed up playback without me getting a beach ball with the audio running in the background but no picture. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a continuing problem. Adobe still hasn't fixed it. I have noticed that proxies work, but that is kind of annoying. My computer is too powerful to need proxies, but I have to use them for literally any project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been going on since the 15th version of Premiere. How much can I write to draw attention to it.

TO DATE, ACCELERATED MEDIA PLAYBACK ON THE TIMELINE USING KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS (J and L) CAUSES THE PLAYHEAD AND THE PICTURES IN THE PROGRAM MONITOR TO FADE. FIX IT ADOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PrPro version 22.5, this problem has finally been solved. Thank you for my heard requests and prayers. Now playback does not stutter when using the J K L keyboard shortcuts 🖖

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is still persisting for me! It's really unfortunate because I really need to be able to speed up playback for my work, as it is super long footage I'm working with. Adobe, please help us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you need to see the footage to edit? i've been editing interviews by just hiding the video tracks and listening to the audio only.  not ideal, but a work around for the time being

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bravo  Another program can also work with this method ) Stupidly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure what you mean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Sorry for this problem again. We have improved this workflow in the latest beta build.

Please check out the latest beta build version 22.5.0.29(or higher) from the creative cloud and let us know how it goes there.

You can download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

If you still face this issue, please share your media files(& project) here and we will check at our end https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html

I hope it will help.
Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having problems with playback when I was working with a large sequence, and when I made a lot of edits, cuts. The more the more it slows down, I got rid of this problem by dividing the sequence into small sequences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I solved the problem only by dividing a large project into several. This problem occurs only in projects where there are a lot of edits, cuts. The more edits and cuts there are, the more freezes during accelerated playback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melange5C45,

Sorry to hear that. How much RAM do you have in your computer? Is the footage 4K? Are sequences long-ish? If so, you may need more RAM or allocate more memory to Premiere Pro or both. Check it out and let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Спасибо за ответ! Попробую рассказать все нюансы. Размер секвенции около 2,5 часов.
Память компьютера 32GB из них 26 отдается программам adobe.
Во время зависания premiere грузит процессор процентов на 12-15, 8 ядерный процессор загружен на 20% , premiere во время зависания не использует процессор на 100%
Жесткий диск тоже загружен всего на 20%. Может ли быть проблема в нем? диск не SSD на SSD переносить файлы не пробовал.
Длительность секвенции не влияет на степень зависания так как изначально она была около 4 часов и сокращается. На степень замораживания однозначно влияет количество правок, разрезов, с определенного момента понимаешь что premiere начинает все дольше и дольше откликаться на снижение скорости воспроизведения (зависать). Создание прокси совсем не помогло, разделение секвенции на части помогло совсем чуть чуть. А вот удаление части секвенции из проекта и перенос ее в другой новый проект решило проблему. Но проблема возвращается когда открываешь одновременно эти проекты.
Сразу после того как курсор таймлайн тостигает конца секвенции программа спокойно продолжает работу

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it helps to understand the problem more deeply: When you open several projects with each open project, the braking increases, if you close all projects to leave only one, the braking persists until you close premiere and open the project again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally I fixed this problem!!!

The problem was accured because of the Codec, it was not just Sony codec, but also other camera brands (Like Canon & Nikon)

so to fix this:

You have to make proxies for all you footages (better one is "QuickTime>> ProRes low resolution proxy") and everything went perfect finally, no freezing anymore when changing the speed for a clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

updating to the next version fixed this issue for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines