Premiere Pro 2022 has trouble loading up my projects

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey team,

So since I have updated to the 2022 version of Premiere Pro, my projects don't seem to want to load. The program just sits there for ages and comes up unresponsive. Since then I have been resetting my preferences, it seem to do the job, but then have to do the same thing every time I open the project. So is this a thing now that we have to do everytime until it is fixed? Or am I missing something?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022
Hi Steven, Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue. If the expert's suggestions don't help, try this: Open Premiere Pro by holding down the option key at startup to reset the preferences.Go to Window > Workspaces > uncheck Import Workspace from Projects.Open your project. Let us know how it goes. Thanks, Nishu

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Manually dump all of your media cache files by throwing the folders in the system trash can. Sometimes older cache files can lead to problems; there's no issue with letting them do a fresh rebuild.

2. Reset prefs one more time by holding down the option key at starup.

3. Create a new, blank project and IMPORT your previous project into it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, and it worked. But when I came back the next day and tried opening it again, it came up with the same problem. I then tried @nishu_kush's method and that worked the next time I reopenend the file. But thank you for the input. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue.

If the expert's suggestions don't help, try this:

1. Open Premiere Pro by holding down the option key at startup to reset the preferences.
  2. Go to Window > Workspaces > uncheck Import Workspace from Projects.
  3. Open your project.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. Unchecking that import option did the job for re-opening the project each time. 👍 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Nishu,

I tried this method as I am having the same issues, and the problem still persists when using my Macbook M1 Pro.  I've also tried the following over the last few days:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling Premier Pro 
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Creative Cloud
  • Installing older versions of Premier Pro
  • Using Intel versions
  • Deleting the cache files via Premier Pro
  • Deleting the catch files manually
  • Opening the projects via the “Open Project” tab
  • Creating a new, blank project and IMPORT your previous project into it
  • Disconnect from the cloud syncing (Dropbox) when opening Premier Pro

I haven't been able to work on any projects for nearly a week so any help will be appreciated!

Simon

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines