• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2024 lagging when inserting clip in timeline

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I updated my Premiere to 2024, but now I'm having a problem that I wasnt having before.

Everytime I try to insert a clip in my timeline, premiere lags and take a couple of seconds to do it. This only happens when I use the "insert"

Example: I have the audio of my client all edited, and I add the scenes on top of that. Everyonce in a while, I need to add a recorded scene between the audio file already edited, I always used "insert", premiere moves the timeline further and insert the clip there with no problem. But now, this process lags a lot. If I move the audio myself and just use "overwrite" its instantaneous, but as you can imagine doing the process manually when we have a button that does that for me is not something I want to do.

Is anyone having the same problem?

More context: this never happened in version 23.5, but when I updated to 23.6 everything was slower, so I just reverted back to 23.5 - now updating to 24.0 I thought I wouldnt have the same problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that. Can you let us know your system details (OS, CPU, RAM, GPU)? I tried to reproduce the issue, but it's working fine on my end. Are you getting this issue with a specific project or files?

Let us know.

Thanks,

KR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as the others. As you see, it's a common problem even on powerful computers. When can we expect a solution to the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is not related to the computer system but is due to the PR BUG UPDATE.  Don't attempt to gaslight again.
I have the same issue with i9HX RTX 4070 64GB RAM while working even on a New project with only 1x 15s video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar issues on both my Mac and PC with Premiere. If I trim clip, there is a 1-2 sec lag before I can do anything else. Mac M1 Ultra 32GB Ram and an AMD Ryzen 7 5800 with 32 GB Ram. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue. editing clips becomes impossible. On an iMac, Mac OS = Ventura 13.6. Memory 40GB. My activity monitor shows most of my CPU is idle, so it appears as if it is directly an issue with premier pro 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing playback issues. MacOS Sonoma 14.0, 128GB RAM, M1 Ultra. Even after creating proxies on .r3d files, editing clips is near impossible. Had to revert back to Premiere Pro 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! Updated to 2024 and the lag is so bad I can't edit, even doing basic tasks. Currently back on the 2023 version and it's working fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Ever since I updated to 2024 nothing is working right. How Can I go back to 2023?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I was using an earlier version and the min I updated to 2024, the marker that moves so I can cut now doesn't move at all. The timer isn't scrolling either. At first I thought it was an update on my computer but the 2023 version doesn't seem to be doing the same thing. I'm going back to an earlier version as this is delaying all of my projects and has become frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My work around was to create a new project and import the problem sequence into it. Not a solution but it may keep you from losing your EVER LOVING MIND with all the lag. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always been hesitant to do this but it really works and save so much time and frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was also my problem. SO FRUSTRATING! I spent 3 1/2 hours on the phone with Adobe Tech Support. This is after I had spent hours on YouTube trying to implement solutions offered there. The Tech person ran me through some of the same exact solutions I had just gone through on YouTube. Nothing worked. She could not figure out what was wrong. She even took control of my laptop. Finally she offered to load 2023 back on my laptop. No problems since. No more upgrades for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue since updating to 24.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all of these same issues how come adobe hasn't fixed it yet? I've been using my work laptop but I can't do that forever. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Similar, but weirder problem.  I am unable to add the video clip, regardless of method (drag, insert, etc.).  It will add the audio, though.  On an up to date Macbook Pro.  Have used with Premier before, no problems.  Suggestions?  I am SO stuck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines