• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 22.0 update - issues with 'Invert' effect

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro automatically updated to version 22.0 and the project I was working on kept freezing at specific points - I diagnosed the problematic clips as being any with the 'invert' effect on.

I've since updated my GPU driver and tried the only potential fix I can find on here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/workflows-are-destroyed-in-premiere-pro-v-22...

I removed the effect from the clips and when I try to add the effect again - just nothing happens. The effect is added (I can see it in the effect control panel) but the effect does not appear to visually change the clip in any way in the reference monitor.

Anyone else having issues of a similar nature? Or is my GPU just getting to old for the latest updates?

MSI GE62 6QC Apache, NVIDIA GTX960M (driver update 496.49)

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set Auto Update on or off in the CC app.

I always have it turned off and make sure it does not delete older versions when updating.

When you do update, make sure you delete all media cache before opening any project.

I dont see any issue with the Invert effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Ann ... and I hope NO user with paying clients ever updates to a new version of any software without testing it first. Make sure the auto-update is turned off in the Creative Cloud desktop app. And when allowing updates manually, make sure 'remove prior versions' is unchecked!

Always work client projects in the version the project was started in until you have thoroughly tested the new major upgrade with new projects.

When yo do migrate projects forward, create new projects in the new major version. Then use MediaBrowser panel to migrate to and import the previous project file's assets.

Your older project is still entirely usable. And this tends to be a more stable way to migrate forward.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines