Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro A5000 RTX

Participant ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have two systems running RTXA5000 GPU's.

Both systems suffer from Kernel 41 crashes from time to time.

One system (AMD) that was running 'Software Only' within Premiere was problem free for a long time until I re-enabled 'CUDA' within Premiere Pro. The next day the entire system crashed when Premiere Pro was opening a project.

The other system (Intel i9) has had CUDA enabled for a long time and suffers from Kerenel 41 crashes probably once a week on average - depending on usage.

System 1:

Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900KS 3.40 GHz
Installed RAM 128 GB (128 GB usable)

RTX A5000

1300 watt PSU

System 2: (system was fine until CUDA enabled within Premiere Pro)

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950
Installed RAM 128 GB (128 GB usable)

RTX A5000

1000 watt PSU

Both are running Nvidia Driver 517.40 - issue has occurred across multiple driver versions.

Doesn't seem like a coincidence to me that the stable system suddenly developed the same fault when CUDA was enabled within Project Settings.

Adobe Premiere Pro 22.5.0 (issue has occurred through previous updated also)

I've sent the Memory Dump of one system to Microsoft Support - an independent advisor said it was likely a GPU drive issue. Nvidia support are saying it's nothing to do with them...

I've a clean uninstall of the driver in safe mode and re-installed - no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you running the studio or game version of the drive?  apparently the game drive can cause problems..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been running the Production Branch driver which according to Nvidia is the same as a Studio driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe support remoted into the system - witnessed the PC crashing (kernel 41) after batch encoding AVC 10bit down to H264. After PC restarted and support resumed (talk about re-installing the GPU driver) which has been done numerous times with Nvidia support - I was told that I'm encoding too much in ME... Even though the issue happened when Premiere was opening a project (Crash) - generic editing (Crash) - Encoding ME (Crash).

No amount of encoding should cause a PC to shut down from a Kernel 41. Fair enough - the app itself crashing from time to time, but not the entire PC system. This issue is plauging two PC systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines