Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2018 (v12) Not Nesting Audio with Nesting a Sequence

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

Just updated to CC 2018, I don't know why they call it CC 2017 12.0, when you install it, it's called CC 2018, but that's besides the point. I just finished a multi audio and video track sequence that I want to nest into one to keep things tidy, which is not an uncommon task to do.  When I do that, only the video tracks condense into one nested track, the audio does nothing.  I thought maybe they wanted us to nest audio and video separately now, so I gave that a shot..Nope. If you nest just the audio, it adds a nested video layer above your top most track...

Is this a bug or do I need to change some new setting within the preferences?

Thanks,

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

@mvw33 This issue sould be fixed when you update to the latest 2020 version (14.9) and later. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't duplicate the issue here on Windows 10 Pro (1703).  It seems to be working normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Jim.  I just tested it in another project and was able to do it with just two tracks (1 vid 1 audio) and it worked fine.  It's just not working in this one project..Never had this issue with any projects or timelines before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps start a new project and import the sequences of the current project into the new one. See if that helps.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm sure there are easy work around's like there usually are with Premiere, I just wasn't sure if this was a known bug with the new update.It's possible that it's because I migrated from the old to new update while editing the same project... Glad to hear it's not that common.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may  be having the same problem but I think I can tell why. There is no A1 listed on my audio in the below file. Is there a simple way to toggle this back on in Windows?

2017-11-05_1602.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the Source Tracking target, for using insert/overwrite from source monitor.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the issue happens when you have more than 2 audio tracks in the timeline, no matter what.

I also tried to drag my original edit sequence into a brand new sequence and it just brings in all the layers of the original even though I'm clicking and dragging a seuqnce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue. I am working with UHD .MXF files from a Sony FS5 (imported by drag and drop). We had two angles on an interview. Typically, sync the angles up on a timeline and then nest the clips together. But now, when nesting the audio does not collapse... all four tracks (two per camera) are unaffected. If I drag in the resulting nest (Sequence) from the bin ALL to a timeline the clips, audio and video, are dragged onto the timeline as if nothing is nested. Ugh. This work perfectly in 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. I just tried deleting all the audio tracks except one and now the audio has nested with the video. Unfortunately, I have in some cases up to four audio tracks per video clip and I won't get to mixing them until AFTER I edit the video, so this is a cart before the horse sort of thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason when I put two separate sequences into the nest they both have the audio. I then erase the sequence I wasn't going to use from the nest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this problem too. Clearly yet another bug among billions, added by the recent "upgrade."  In my case, a nested sequence defined from the beginning with 5.1 audio will play back inside of a matching 5.1 timeline with only the stereo track that is stacked inside the nested sequence among the 5.1-defined tracks.  This has nothing to do with multicam (no "audio follows video") so of course the order of audio tracks should mean nothing.  When I mute the stereo track, total silence, even though all the 5.1 tracks are enabled.  But the nested sequence, when opened into the timeline, plays with all tracks firing.

To make things even more ridiculous, this bug doesn't appear with the first (and only first) placement of the nested sequence in the timeline.  Just all subsequent placements, from that same nested sequence, using of course different in and out points from that original nested sequence asset.  But then, the problem goes away when you further nest the problematic/silent nested sequence.  There is no way Premiere is meant to work like this, and the stopgap (no matter what a mod says about "do whatever works") adds unacceptable clutter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a delightful little bugger, but thankfully since the 12.1.2 release, one of relatively a few things. They did knock out a bunch of bugs, and this forum has been by far the quietest after a release I've seen since the CS6 days.

What is most intriguing is how few people are getting it ... so it seems probably it's needing something in PrPro going odd in the presence of X on someone's machine. Maybe similar to the onedrive.dll issue months back, where for a very select few lucky folks the MS file onedrive.dll "live" on their computer caused some really odd behaviors. Rename or delete the file so it wasn't active, everything was copacetic. Most of us with that file had no troubles though.

For getting rid of this blame thing ... you really need to file a full report on the UserVoice system they've got now. That does get right to the engineers, so they will see anything you post. See if by searching you can find others with this, and pile on to their reports also. Get 'em some data, and some metrics for "X numbers are now experiencing this".

They did knock out a bunch ... they need to get some more of them too. Like this one.

Neil

Adobe Bug /Feature service: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this problem also.  Hope this can get fixed soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I came across this issue, and also when using other sequences on new timelines they were coming as they were originally with all the cuts and channels, as if they were just copied and pasted.

Then I tried on Premiere 2019 (13.0) and everything worked as it should've been.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this issue even with the latest update. Anyone else???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep exactly the same problem (v13.1.2).  I have 2 video and 2 audio tracks on the timeline.  I can nest V1 and A1 but any other combination results in it only nesting the video tracks and rejecting all the audio (even A1).

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue, no fixes or workarounds yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen a fix yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into this problem, too. Evidently, the bug hasn't been ironed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still seeing this issue 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

This thread has been going for some time and it seems that no-one has yet found a solution. I have been experiencing a similar issue today and after playing around have found another way to NEST a sequence with multiple audio channels. All you have to do is drag the sequence you want to nesat from a bin onto another timeline and it automatically nests video and audio even if there are multiple tracks of both. Hope it works for y'all 🙂

markvw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mvw33 This issue sould be fixed when you update to the latest 2020 version (14.9) and later. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joost

I am on 15.0 latest upgrade and was experiencing the exact same problem as all the others in the thread. More than 1 audio track would not Nest. But as I said in my post, I found a workaround and it is fine for me this way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No It's still an issue on v15.0

Just experienced this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines