• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2019 workspace not saving properly

Engaged ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with workspaces after updating to CC2019.  First, I noticed that all of my custom workspaces from Premiere Pro 2018 were missing (and I foolishly hadn't synced them to the cloud in many months).  Problem solved by copying them from documents>adobe>premiere pro>12.0>profile>layouts to the same folder for 13.0.

However, when I start a new project and select my custom editing workspace, there's one window that won't start up in the right location.  I have to manually drag the project window to my preferred location at the start of every project.  I've tried saving the custom workspace many times (save changes to this workspace, and save as new workspace), synced with my cloud account, but I can't get a project to start up with an accurate positioning of my custom workspace. 

After I manually move the project window, save workspace and close project, it will then open again with the correct configuration; however, when I then create a new project the very same window will be out of place.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. The workspaces do not retain their settings. I've deleted the layouts folder and also tried resetting the preferences. NO help. This happens with my saved workspace and also the default workspaces. They're all messed up.

Windows 10 version 1903 Build 18362.239

Premiere Pro Version 13.1.13 Build 44

Nvidia Studio Driver Version 430.86

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was hoping Adobe would resolve this issue in the new version of Premiere (2020) but sadly they haven't. anyone else find a fix for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have to report that I have the same issue as everyone else. I have a workspace named "Mikes Editing Workspace" and the project window is always placed in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.  This is very inconvenient! This is one of many issues that I have been having where I am really beginning to wonder if Adobe CC is worth the monthly investment if each and every update is going to break something new. Some of us produce content for a living, and stuff like this REALLY slows us down.  Time = $$$.  I don't' have time to troubleshoot software problems.... we have other solutions we can use to get our work done, and they aren't Adobe software products...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah still having this issue. Thought I was the only one. My custom editing workspace just won't save. Every single time I open a new project I have to re position my project window panel even though I've already saved it to where I wanted it to be. It's annoying, and I edit multiple projects every day so it does slow me down a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STILL have this problem too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know what never seems to have a bug in it? The software that charges my credit card every month to the tune of $600+/year. That ALWAYS seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same problem here. Really with Adobe would fix their current software before moving on to the flashy new thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here 11/11/2020 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experienceing the same problem whe trying to customize and save a Workspace in Premier Pro 2020  V14.6.1.0 (Build 51). Its really really annoying and hope Adobe finally fixes this issue!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope everyone with this issue is posting over on their UserVoice site, as that is their data collection input portal for the engineering team. This site is simply user-to-user peer support.

At the current time, the vast majority of users are not having any issues. I did a couple releases back, but they fixed whatever was causing this on my Win10 machine.

So ... they've fixed this on most systems, but clearly not all. So they need the data as to what types of systems still have this problem. Give them full details on your OS, hardware, media, and workflow patterns.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your repsonse should be shouted from the rooftops! Thank you so much. I can't believe software solutions can be so opaque but after weeks of frustration your solution fixed the iseue for me in about 20 seconds. I set permissions for Premiere to read/write for everyone and did the same for my current project file and it has fixed the issue. I'll go through and do a bit of testing to nail which settings are actually affecting things now but wanted to say Hooray! and thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issue. No matter how many times I reset and re-customize and save my workspace, each time I close and re-open Premiere, it displays the previous (default?) layout even though it shows my custom workspace name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following because all the videographers an NBC TV station are having the same issue.  It's annoying to have to reset the layout whenever you restart a project.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey if we could get an adobe employee to actually look at this thread and issue that would be stellar!! please fix your app that pi**es me off daily!!!!! how do you make so much money from such a buggy software!!!! thanks!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filed a bug report on this issue in July 2018! Adobe is well aware of this issue, yet they refuse to fix it. Fix it or not, they get our money either way so what's their incentive? Answer: They don't have one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update to say that despite an Adobe employee, Shivangi, filing a bug report for this problem in November of 2018, the bug is still there in Premiere Pro 14.0.1 today in January 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the same issue as well with 14.0.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANOTHER UPDATE:  It's now the 7th of April, 2020 and Premiere Pro has been updated two more times since I last posted to this thread.  This most recent update, to 14.0.4 might have solved this annoying issue for me!  I was just in an existing project and resaved my workspace the way I wanted it.  Then exited and started a new project.  The project window was in the lower left, but when I went to my custom workspace and selected "Reset to Saved Layout" it went to where I want it.  

Glory, glory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely NOT fixed in 14.0.4.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey look a new update already! This one is 14.1.0.  Workspaces issue fixed? NOPE!

I wonder why Adobe can't/won't fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workspaces are actually worse than before! They don't recognize my 2nd screen but at least before it would occasionally open a project properly. Now it NEVER does! For every project I open, I have to move and resize the windows to where I want them.  Grrrrrrr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start with one of the included workspaces, then modify it to your needs.

Save as a new, named workspace.

Do this for all your needed workspaces. I had no issues with workspaces in the 14.0x builds, but 14.1 wouldn't correctly use my saved workspaces. So I recreated, and it now works correctly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give that a try, thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang, I thought you had the solution. Turns out it didn't really work.

I modified an existing workspace, then saved it as my own and everything worked properly. I could successfully switch between workspaces and even close/reopen Premiere and have my workspace load properly.

However, when I opened a different project, that workspace no longer worked. Everything opened in just one of my monitors. If I switched to a different preset workspace, then back to my new one, it was still all in 1 monitor.

And now, when I open the project that was open when I saved the new workspace, all windows are in 1 monitor and I can't get the workspace to open properly.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird. I can't repro any of that.

First thing I'd suggest is to Trash Preferences ... reboot ... relaunch ... and try again.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines