Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

premiere pro cc and contour shuttle express

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi guys

iv just upgraded to adobe cc  and windows 10 on my pc .

iv  always used the contour shuttle express within premiere pro and its worked perfectly but iv been trying to set a key on my shuttle to make a cut on the time line instead of using the razer tool and the mouse . i had it set up working perfect before but i cant seem to remember how to set this up and cant seem to work out which keys i need to program in my shuttle . any help would be fantastic , thank you guys

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Just found this video that explains the hidden step to get the shuttle working with your apps.

Hope this helps!

https://youtu.be/njTYEcWOfd0

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My keyboard shortcuts have control+k as the cut tool (Not sure if this is the default or if I have changed it)

This is then mapped to a button in the Contour setup.

Control k.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi mate

thanks for your reply , im not sure if iv set the shuttle up correctly or not or maybe i need to check a box in premiere pro cc because  no matter what keystroke or computer response i program into the contour shuttle device panel the response to the buttons i press never changes ?? very confused ,,, is there a setting in premiere iv forgot about ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that the shuttle is looking at the correct program. I found there were several default options for Premiere and they switched depending on what it thought you were doing. I deleted all the Premiere options so there was only one left, Adobe Premiere Pro CS &CC(edit) in my case, and then made all my keystroke links in that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I’m sure it’s set to look. At premiere , it seems to me that the setting I change just won’t apply , the apply botton is grayed out all the time , even if I put do nothing for every botton and the jog wheel it still reverts back to a set setting ? I tryed the shuttle on another pc in premiere and it still did the same ? i noticed that my shuttle seems to be an older model with the express word on front of device coloured blue where as the ones correctly being sold have the express word coloured in black , could this be an issue ? im thinking of buying another one in case the device it’s sell is faulty some how ?

when I originally set up shuttle years ago when I first purchased it the setup was easy .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

matwom1,

If you have not yet solved this issue, contact Contour: https://www.contourdesign.com/support/
Let us know what they say.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this video that explains the hidden step to get the shuttle working with your apps.

Hope this helps!

https://youtu.be/njTYEcWOfd0

☕️ If you found this video helpful feel free to buy me a coffee here - https://www.buymeacoffee.com/chriswatkins ☕️ ============================ 👍 FACEBOOK GROUP - JOIN HERE - https://www.facebook.com/groups/3684809991563946 ============================ 🎵 My Favourite Music Licensing Site 🎵 ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked like a charm! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines