• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC refuses to render sequences

Explorer ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project in Premiere Pro where I have a lot of footage that needs to be rendered for editing. Lots of red here! However, any time I try to render by hitting Enter or even selecting a few bits to render in pieces, the rendering window comes up and sits at 0.01% and won't render any frames at all. If I try to cancel it gives a "not responding" message and I have to force close the app. I have tried clearing the media cache and even uninstalled and reinstalled but it still won't render. This isn't a problem with this one project either, but some of them get about 70-75% done before they stop. By the way, these projects were started in CS6 (which I don't have any more) and converted by Premiere Pro into a CC project. I'm running on a Windows 7 Professional 64-bit machine with the Intel i5 2.67GHz and 8 MB of RAM.

Please help! I can't edit if I can't see it!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

I tried creating a new project and importing the relevant sequences from the original project. So far, it seems to render completely without stopping or crashing. This saved me time for sure, and I would definitely say that Premiere Pro CC's conversion process is flawed if this is the how it works. In any case, thank you all for the attempts to help. I appreciate the guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it seems to export just fine. I have one sequence chugging away in Media Encoder as we speak, and it seems to have all of the unrendered changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

If you need to render, you might take a look at the render options.  Maybe something there is weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There ARE no "render options" that I know of. I can select a clip and try to "render selected," and I've tried setting in and out points. Nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render settings are part of the Sequence Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no settings in the Sequence Settings that I can control. Unless there is something I'm missing...

ppcc-settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, those are pretty standard.  I don't expect that to be an issue.

Unfortunately, with the data supplied, I just don't have any other ides about why it will export but not render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What other data do you need? This is an issue with ALL of my existing projects, and I cannot edit blind obviously. I need those sequences to render!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what else I'd need to know.  If I were sitting in front of it, I might be able to poke around and think of something, but doing it remotely is difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where would you poke around and what would you look for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what I'd be looking for, just...looking.  See if anything jumps out at me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well then, hopefully someone else can give a little insight beyond this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide specs on your system and your sequences. I know you already posted OS, processor, & RAM. What about the graphics card? Its driver? Is GPU acceleration enabled? If so, what happens if you switch to Software Only?

What happens if you create a new project in CC and throw together a simple sequence? Same problem rendering?

What kind of content? What effects & transitions, if any, are applied? Any third-party? How many layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the ATI Radeon HD 5700 video card which I just updated to the latest drivers 14.10.1006-140417a-171099C (which helped a little, as went from stopping at 0.01% to getting almost half way). I do not have GPU acceleration enabled, and the sequence has the "Composite in linear color" unchecked.

All footage was shot on the Canon 7D (MOV files). The project was created originally in CS6 with the HDV option, and the sequences used the DSLR 1080p24 preset with no modifications (although the "Composite in linear color" was unchecked recently). When I replaced CS6 with CC, I opened the project and let Premiere Pro convert it to a CC project.

As for the sequence itself, it has two video layers and five audio layers. I use Red Giant Color Suite II, and all of the clips have Denoiser II and Magic Bullet Looks filters applied. Some of the audio just has fades and blends applied.

I have been loathe to start from scratch considering the time I've already invested. However, if I do would it make a difference if I simply imported the old project or would I need to just import the footage only and start over?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried creating a new project and importing the relevant sequences from the original project. So far, it seems to render completely without stopping or crashing. This saved me time for sure, and I would definitely say that Premiere Pro CC's conversion process is flawed if this is the how it works. In any case, thank you all for the attempts to help. I appreciate the guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I presume they are Canon mxf files.

I had trouble going from CS6 to CC.

Have you tried opening the project into a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the sequence match your source footage?

ie what camera shot the source footage....  or ...how did you arrive at that sequence setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this problem as well.

As I recently migrated to Windows from Mac, I have had to learn my way around lots of little idiosyncrasies. In the case of this problem, I noticed that my sequence codec was set to QuickTime Animation. That was not intentional on my part. Never do I need a virtually lossless codec like animation. Subsequently, any section of the render that was resulting in a file greater than 4gb in size would cause the render to stop.

In my case, I fixed the problem by using a different codec.

Cheers!

Luke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, here I am on Oct 2017 struggling with the same issue, but in my case it is the CS6.

Render work area is ALWAYS stopping at some point, it is driving me crazy.
I had switched scratch disks, created new project, new sequence...nothing can make it render again.
SHould I delete the preview files? All of it? WOuld it help?

Please help, I'm really in need. TKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try selecting the timeline track first! Then Crtl M or File -> Export -> Media. Do this each time that you want to export and it went straight to Media Encoder. Wait until your exported timeline shows up (sometimes 15 or 20 sec.) and hit the green start button!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

East fix. Create a new sequence, and select DSLR as the format. Change the dimensions of the projects to 1080X1920, or whatever aspect you desire. Change the FPS to 30 and voila, all solved! You will have to import all your source files again, but that's not a problem. And all new source files will have the new sequence settings. And oh, you will have to change the scales of each segment in your video. Hope this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was an overcomplicated way to tell someone to just rebuild their project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines