Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC won't open with Windows 10

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After April's update cannot start Premiere Pro. Did uninstall, Creative Cloud cleaner, install again... still the same...

Do you think I could get refund? Which operating system is PP stable? Mac, Linux - as I need desperately finish my project and I got only freezed window

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The vast majority of us are working away within Windows ... so something is screwy in your system.

By "cannot start" ... what do you mean?

When you try to launch the program absolutely nothing happens (either clicking a desktop icon or via the CC Desktop app button) ... ?

It starts up the launch screen but never finishes launching ...

You cannot open a project ...

What?

Have you tried going to the Premiere.exe file, right-clicking, and selecting "Run as Administrator"?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to reinforce Neil, and throw in my two bits--I own both Mac and Windows computers and work with both in the field and both are excellent with Adobe products. It definitely comes down to the preference of the operating system. If you are having problems with Adobe it could be how your operating system is configured, hardware issues (including basic requirements not being met), conflicting applications and corrupted installs. I work a lot on Windows 10 and it is absolutely amazing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

Thank you for yours very quick response.

>> It starts up the launch screen but never finishes launching ...

^^ Yes, this what I got. I could see only a launch screen. The problem is... I could not buy a Mac through Easter time, so I am stuck to Windows 10 system which is currently not working with Premiere-Pro 13.1 version.

How could I install older version when my system says "Please save your work an d close the following program"... Its the 10th hour I am trying to run ANY version of PP....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, have you tried right-clicking the icon on the desktop, and selecting 'run as administrator' ... ?

When it hangs on the start screen, there's often a scrambled file. So try holding down Alt/Shift keys while you launch the program ... and see if it then can finish launching.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi neil i have same problem when i install premiere 2019cc when i close it and then try open it won't starting up .Even some time start is not work .i must open task manager and end task premiere then i can open premiere again .how can i fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This won't solve the problem but it will present a solution

So I got tired of the issues surrounding the latest Windows build and a lot of programs I used perfectly well before, now crashing or simply not loading properly.

Seeing as Windows implemented user-account functionality more in line with Linux or BSD operating systems, not counting the subsystem in this context, making it quite easy to create user-names and accounts for purposes that isn't limited to physical, individual users, so I did what I do in Linux;

I created a user-account and I use it to run applications that, for some reason, doesn't launch properly under my administration account - my everyday account - with the "launch as" function.

Right-click "Adobe Premiere Pro" (in your Start-menu for example) and choose:
"Run as another user". Install it (locally, not system-wide, if asked) and run it (like I just described) everytime you use it.

This actually has benefits outweighing my expectations. For example; Having another account running a certain program gives you the freedom to have different setups and configurations without risking malfunction as you can delete and create these accounts as easily as typing:
$ adduser IRunAdobePremierePro
In Linux.

This seem to have worked for others as well once I spread the news and like the title says, it doesn't solve the problem. It gives a solution, you will have access to it and use of it just not the way you currently were trying.

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx Neil - looks like 13.0 (downgraded version) works in my case, however Creative Cloud app is still  unresponsive - but I managed to start it as you said (run as administrator).

Kristain, I have a new new laptop with a new system, so I was hoping everything will works smoothly. It fine used to work, stopped after an update.

Thank you both for help and suggestions and help.

Update: Tested, also a newer versions till latest 13.0x - everything was fine - just problems with 13.1 and Creative Cloud app. Still testing, but slowly process - will try to find where is a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, all tested - so in the case someone has similar problem with Windows 10 my results are below:

Versions 13.00 till 13.03 works fine.

Version 13.1 - could only see launch window (forever). The same issue when you start "run as administrator" instead of using Adobe Creative Cloud.

Looks like there is something wrong with this versions as many other issues on last hours forum eg:

Re: Playback Issues with Adobe Premiere Pro (13.1)

Its difficult to uninstall or reinstall, reboot helps (sometimes), sometimes needed to remove entire Adobe Creative Cloud (and all aps) and use Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. Tested few time with different options.

To avoid frustration, looks like latest stable version is: 13.03

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same results on Windows Pro 64 bit as Vylaern as follows:

• Wont launch from PP 13.1.2Adobe Cloud - though it shows as running task in Task Manager
  • I see the splash screen if I run as Adminstrator - loads dependencies to ExporterMPEG4.prm (sometimes none) - then freezes
  • Updated graphics drivers (GTX1060) and rebooted - same freezes as above

Heading back to 13.0.2, but now trying to uninstall 13.1.2, I get the same infuriaating "Conflict Unistalling Premiere Pro" - dynamiclinkmanager" - so I killed that process and the uninstall resumed.

Update - 13.0.2 works after install!

(BTW, why do versions up to 13.03 show "CC" next to them, but 13.1 and 13.1.1 (in Other Versions) do not?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the only way of obtaining the recent versions of the Adobe "pro" apps is via the Creative Cloud subscription (that is, these apps are no longer available via perpetual licenses), it is fitting that beginning with the April 2019 releases of the apps, the "CC" branding has been dropped. Therefore, the discontinuation of the "CC" branding after the individual apps is in name only. (There are still some 2019 versions of the apps that have the "CC" branding, but those apps were last updated prior to April 2019.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I'm actually in my production partner's account...) I've had so many issues with the new Premiere... I've found a work around for each one, but I'm quite tired of it.  Everything is running on PC, Windows 10.  Mine is old, running on Windows 8, and works much better than the new... I've run it on Mac, with similar issues, as stated by all, above...

Other production folks with whom I work are ditching Premiere to go with Vegas.  I had to recommend another person away from Premiere as well, as they had too much on their plate to deal with these issues without studio experience with preassure of deadlines and vagaries of new software...

I'm slowly looking for the reason Premiere will not open properly without a reboot, why it continues to crash periodically... why the work spaces tend to shift without notice, etc, etc, etc.  Will continue to read and monitor here for any fixes all of you may find.  thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a clean windows install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The risk is I will spent lots of time trying to run 13.1 version (with lots of data to backup) with no guarantee at all. 13.03 is just fine for me will wait for a fix with a new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so... ...Everything else with my system works fine, I've updated all drivers and software otherwise and all function normally with every single program I have (quite a few) including accelerated 3d design apps, but the adobe software fails to start.  The problem is with Windows?  No.  That's a non starter.

It's more likely this is a renewed CUDA\Optimus bug.  They updated to a later version of CUDA and tried to build against it.  I heard from a guy I worked with before who does 3d games and 3d design app interfaces.  If you build with new CUDA and OPENCL against an older library like 9.2, it'll run, but not well.  It looks like they updated to 10.1 then tried to build to a 9.2 target, with several virtualized function calls that only exist in 10.1, judging from the common error for C++ 2015 I keep getting.  You cannot hope to build on a new platform for broadcast software (that's used by many), it doesn't have the backward compatibility.  If this were a limited project where only a single department were using it on their own platform, I could see having a few hiccups in the build from new code not yet implemented being common.  A rebuild on a newer set of libraries takes time, but is usually done overnight.  For broadcast software like CC, you build on an older system for an older system.  3-10 years of backward compatibility is minimum for software on a buy it once basis.  With SAAS, I'd say go back 15 years.  They have.  CS6.

SO far, 13.03 is the latest that will work for me, but I have CS6 to fall back on and I've gotten a version of Rush CC to work.  I can work with that for now.  But this problem is clearly a build problem.  It's happened before, it'll happen again.  My advice:

Support two video pipelines.

I'm looking into AVID and VEGAS right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harley,

You've had some great and informative posts here, and I so appreciate reading your comments.

I would ask you to post the above over on the UserVoice system, as that goes direct to the engineer's systems. Give 'em your typical detail and knowledge stuff. It's always good to get such comments direct to the engineers.

Neil

Adobe UserVoice Bug /Feature form: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last update 13.1.1 fix the issue, looks last this is the latest stable now. SOLVED

Fixed issues in Premiere Pro version 13.1.1

This release of Premiere Pro fixes a number of issues that cause Premiere Pro to crash:

• Crash opening a project or working with a project on macOS
  • Premiere Pro crashes on launch
  • Premiere Pro crashes while rendering
  • Premiere Pro crashes on launch on macOS because of issues with preferences in the Permissions folder
  • Premiere Pro crashes on launch or while switching workspaces
  • Opening Premiere Pro with missing font graphic in project on Windows causes Premiere Pro to crash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not solved.  This update did squat for me.  But thanks for nothing anyway.

HERE'S WHY I HAVE A PROBLEM...

I cannot rely on a system connected to the internet at all times that doesn't have protection.  Your software doesn't play well with that protection as of yet.  I found the biggest part of my problem is that your software just isn't compatible with my antivirus.  I'm not changing a protection of my primary system just to run very sketchy software.  That's not a fix.  That's making excuses for releasing software too early.  YOU have just been fired...  I'll be making that telephone call later.

IF I give somebody a video and they have almost every codec imaginable, asked for a video that would play on such and such platform, and The video is in an obscure format that they cannot play back, I'd be fired and sued for the lost time.  It's not unlikely that your customers will have antivirus software or firewalls.  That's why the two software companies I've done work for have kept up good relationships with more than 25 different AV companies, because they needed their software to run without being stopped by the system's protection.  You gave me software I cannot use and asked me to pay for it.  I'm not buying.

Now here's the real answer:

uninstall all the apps and clean them out of your system.  Manually update your drivers.  Install the CC desktop app again.  Pick a year to upgrade to.  Start with the first version for that year (it should have a .0 with no other numbers after the dot 0).  Now update by one version at a time to get to it's latest.  Start with media encoder, get within one version of the latest you want, and then go to AE, Prelude, Photoshop etc. and do the same for all of them, stopping one short of latest.  Now upgrade premiere pro all the way, and then update the others the last time.  Open several of the apps to get them running.  Take snapshots of your task manager.  The apps will probably not work all the way, but we'll fix that in a hurry.... ...Print your snapshots of your task manager.  Open your antivirus and make sure all ops for any adobe app are allowed and trusted.  Close the apps. restart machine.  Open any app, open CC desktop.  They should be better, but maybe not fixed.  Close if not fixed.  GO to CC Desktop, log out, close.  Open Log in, and close.  Open it and hold Alt shift R.  Log out. Close, Open and log in.  Open each app while holding ALT, when it wants to trash prefs, say yes.  Limit which prefs you sync, and all should be well.

If you have discrete graphics, update your CPU (intel or other) based graphics first, you may have to download the driver to a folder, uncompress it, then tell the system where to look for the driver files to bypass any driver locks.  Do a clean install of NVIDIA or other discrete.  This took care of more than just adobe problems with graphics.

I also noted that new OPENCL uses both my GPU and CPU power, and is lightning compared to CUDA, with very little quality difference unless warp effects are employed.  I export using OPENCL now from media encoder, occaisionally from premiere, but I prerender some effects in AE with CUDA for more accuracy and better quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.PNGa.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I still can not install 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere Pro is the worst on any system all the time. I have used this for years and it has never been easy to use and it ALWAYS has issues. 

I can't open premiere pro once I close it. If I am working on a current project and close it for any reason I have to restart my computer in order to be able to run it again. If I don't save just before I begin to export media and try to change the name on the file it will lock up and I will lose everything. 

So this problem has no fix and they make so much money off of these programs only for them to not run efficiently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As another user, I wish I could fix this for you. The behavior you're getting is just not that common across the user base. I'm somewhat at a loss as to what could be the (potentially) several issues.

This sounds like there are several permission/access issues between Premiere and the OS. What OS are you working in?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it will not load for me i had to go back to the pervious version >???? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines